Quantcast

Thursday? Yep, it's Thursday.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wake up you lazy f******. And his half asleep but whining for Elmo on my lap right now. No more meetings for the rest of the week. Maybe we can get tested for covid today; who knows?

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Got banned from the razor nerd forum for posting "OMG you have an X for Z? Wish I could afford it!" on long sale posts. X being extremely rare items and Z being extremely low prices. Queue a frenzy of people searching for it and messaging the seller. I crack myself up.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Working out, taxes, walking dog, doing some shooting, webinar this afternoon.

Got sushi last night. Gave them $50 tip. Disposable son who picked it up said their gratitude for the support made him uncomfortable. He’s starting to see the personal impact of this shit.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
New work is getting weird. New CEO, new direct manager, I am now the only non-client interfacing employee of our business group in the US - everyone above and under me in India. Just spent the night in a fairly useless 5hrs long meeting from 11PM to 4AM. How the hell do these things *always* happen?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Working out, taxes, walking dog, doing some shooting, webinar this afternoon.

Got sushi last night. Gave them $50 tip. Disposable son who picked it up said their gratitude for the support made him uncomfortable. He’s starting to see the personal impact of this shit.
We ordered sushi last Saturday from our favorite place. We had to text the owner because most of the stuff I order is not on the menu and they always make it special for me. Went to pick it up, they tossed in a large container of Miso soup and two large Kirin Ichiban's. I was really stoked! We also tossed in a $50 tip. We are trying to support or favorite small restaurants in our town 3-4 days a week, especially the ones that give a lot to the community year in & year out.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
And that is the reason I ordered 4 bags of coffee in vacuum sealed bags from the roasters website and had it delivered to my house

three round trips today one dialysis and two to county heath. I will be in full gear for county health.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Got word yesterday that I got another month extension. A little surprised, but also happy as shit is weird right now. Still holding out that they might actually keep me around longer but with the move, not sure on the budget. But I'll take the work, even better if from home.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
You finance people and god damn printers. :shakefist::shakefist::shakefist::shakefist::shakefist:
I agree. I worked for two years out of my backpack and did not need to print a single document during that time. But my staff is all like "Ahhhhh we need printers omg omg zomg!!!" So, I got them printers just to keep them happy. And one of them even wanted a fucking DESK for home! So sure, I got her a desk.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I agree. I worked for two years out of my backpack and did not need to print a single document during that time. But my staff is all like "Ahhhhh we need printers omg omg zomg!!!" So, I got them printers just to keep them happy. And one of them even wanted a fucking DESK for home! So sure, I got her a desk.
i built a desk. with scrap wood i had sitting around in my basement.

What's going on with the new gig you were seeking?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
By not submitting an invoice for the month of March seems I will be eligible for emergency funds from the gummint.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i built a desk. with scrap wood i had sitting around in my basement.
My wife had bought a cool vanity that didn't have the mirror. I built a keyboard try to fit over the middle skinny drawer, works like a charm.

There is a nice desk in the guest room for our guest who is never here. We will likely repurpose it once she moves out.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Damn, if you have a shitter & a kegerator down there, I see no reason to ever leave. The Lego's were the clincher!
beer fridge yes. before kids when i still had time to brew i ran my chest freezer as a keezer. since kids its back to chest freezer but the beer fridge is still down here.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Woke up to the sound of exploding kimchi jars and the sound of my GF bleeding out of her hand. Wasn't how I expected this day to begin.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What's going on with the new gig you were seeking?
Nothing really since the entire world is on hold right now. But, the interview I had last week couldn't have gone any better and they'll schedule an in-person interview once people are able to return to work. They said if I get a job offer in the meantime to let them know so they can react. Thanks for asking. :)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Related: wife and I are engaging in a chronological order MCU watch through. So far:

Captain America: The First Avenger
Captain Marvel
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk <-- last night

Iron Man 2 is definitely the weakest thus far. But Thor shall likely top (undercut) that.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Related: wife and I are engaging in a chronological order MCU watch through. So far:

Captain Marvel
Iron Man
Iron Man 2

Iron Man 2 is definitely the weakest thus far. But Thor shall likely top (undercut) that.
i rewatched the star wars prequel trilogy for the first time in years. it makes so so much more sense having watched the clone wars series.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Captain Marvel
Iron Man
Iron Man 2

Just remember after Thanos clicks his fingers you have to go out into the street for 5 minutes and observe the world.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley's having a shit fit, so that's making for a fun day already. Get to spend today catching up on half a week of emails since Wifey can cover Hannah today.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
i rewatched the star wars prequel trilogy for the first time in years. it makes so so much more sense having watched the clone wars series.
We re-watched "The Rise of Skywalker" recently (got a trial Disney+ subscription to watch The Mandalorian) and... that movie is pretty bad/forgettable. There were whole scenes that the wife and I had no memory of. I mean, it wasn't Ep 1 bad... but.

Also - wife gave up on The Mandalorian after a couple episodes. I watched the whole season, and it was decent entertainment, I thought.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Shift-Delete.
Don't I wish. As the sr person on the team though, the onus is on me to be a filter of stupid ideas. I left last night's emails at "I want to go through these tomorrow before we act on them. I get back to you at tomorrow, hopefully by midday with any questions or comments." And woke up to an email from the boss with a thank you because they sounded like good intentions with shit implementation.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We re-watched "The Rise of Skywalker" recently (got a trial Disney+ subscription to watch The Mandalorian) and... that movie is pretty bad/forgettable. There were whole scenes that the wife and I had no memory of. I mean, it wasn't Ep 1 bad... but.

Also - wife gave up on The Mandalorian after a couple episodes. I watched the whole season, and it was decent entertainment, I thought.
??? rise of skywalker isn't on disney+ yet

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning!

Just doing a bunch of coordinating with vendors and answering questions. Met with my boss this morning and he is aware that things are a bit light for me in these times.

Teaching myself Autocad Fusion 360 so I can draw up parts for personal projects and have them made. Anyone have a laser cutter or waterjet and sheet metal brake at their disposal?