Quantcast

Thursday? Yep, it's Thursday.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Rolled a drum of unidentified fluid out of our inherited junkyard. It was heavy. Path is downhill. Merriment ensued. Rolled it down the road to my staging point, have to haul it into Middlebury for analysis and disposal.
body parts.....body parts.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
learning how to invest in the stock market. thats where my trump check is going.
been diving into getting good ad facebook ad targeting & chess. both are frustrating as hell rn.
if anyone plays on chess.com my username is
collinchristenbury
im not good, so you've been warned.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I gave on StarWars when it went Disney.
Saw the Force Awakens and thought that was nothing but pap, a derivative rippoff of what we have already seen, and done very poorly at that.

Star Wars has crawled up its own ass and died a lingering death. People are starting to smell the stench, but most are olfactory compromised it seems.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I gave on StarWars when it went Disney.
Saw the Force Awakens and thought that was nothing but pap, a derivative rippoff of what we have already seen, and done very poorly at that.

Star Wars has crawled up its own ass and died a lingering death. People are starting to smell the stench, but most are olfactory compromised it seems.
1585237567197.png

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
20200326_120643.jpg

waiting for document shredding company...then this shit is shut down...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:stupid:

I thought @stevew was retired and living in his mum & dad's basement? :think:
dads blinds business....finally shutting it down...knees are shot....over 70....helped him with it occassionaly...

live near parents....just one of those rare people who doesn't hate their parents.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Just put a bitchin’ pot roast in the slow cooker.
Wife asked me if I wanted her to slow cook a brisket or pot roast this weekend. I told her the answer to that question will always be YES and there is no need to ask it. So she wanted to know which one and I told her not to bug me with the details.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I really need to pull the monster pork shoulder out of the freezer to get it thawed... wife has decreed we will NOT be going to the store for at least 2 more weeks, so I suspect we're gonna mow through a lot of our freezer stock.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I really need to pull the monster pork shoulder out of the freezer to get it thawed... wife has decreed we will NOT be going to the store for at least 2 more weeks, so I suspect we're gonna mow through a lot of our freezer stock.
Pull that pork!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
It's amazing how much the last 3 (well, 4 if you count Solo) SW movies suck...as in just big time suck. I'm not a huge huge fan of the prequels, but hell, they at least tried to keep some kind of consistency between the movies AND the original 3. When 7 came out...it was basically "F-everything", which is how they made the next movies. It's just in-your-face special effects "just because we can" trying to tie together shit that has drifted so far apart that it just becomes ridiculous.

And at the same time, stuff like Rebels and Clone Wars is actually good.

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
learning how to invest in the stock market. thats where my trump check is going.
been diving into getting good ad facebook ad targeting & chess. both are frustrating as hell rn.
if anyone plays on chess.com my username is
collinchristenbury
im not good, so you've been warned.
I love chess! Not the best but proficient. Ill have to look into it

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
i rewatched the star wars prequel trilogy for the first time in years. it makes so so much more sense having watched the clone wars series.
We re-watched "The Rise of Skywalker" recently (got a trial Disney+ subscription to watch The Mandalorian) and... that movie is pretty bad/forgettable. There were whole scenes that the wife and I had no memory of. I mean, it wasn't Ep 1 bad... but.

Also - wife gave up on The Mandalorian after a couple episodes. I watched the whole season, and it was decent entertainment, I thought.
rebels is probably the best thing in star wars aside from the original trilogy
I signed us up for Disney + so the boys (7 and 9) could watch Star Wars. Watched them in the "numerical" order (i.e. not the original three first). The 7 y.o. liked Episode 1 (thanks to Jarjar Binks), and the 9 y.o. liked Return of the Jedi best (thanks to the speeders on Endor scenes). They were unimpressed by 7 and 8, and I didn't even bother watching with them. They're on to Clone Wars now, and we started the Mandalorian yesterday. Meh. It's a way to pass the time.

Related: wife and I are engaging in a chronological order MCU watch through. So far:

Captain America: The First Avenger
Captain Marvel
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk <-- last night

Iron Man 2 is definitely the weakest thus far. But Thor shall likely top (undercut) that.
you think any of those are appropriate for 7 and 9 year olds? I'm kinda getting tired of Star Wars...
I went to the grocery store today. took my 4 hours. they had us line up before we could go in. they also only had half the cash registers open (they installed plexiglass shields to protect the cashiers). I thanked my cashier for his service and told him to stay safe. his manager was standing there and she rolled her eyes when I said that. bitch. had my isopropyl alcohol in a spray bottle and cleaned everything before loading it in the car. lengthy process that is... will do my groceries for next week online. have to do it today, since deliveries are now booked for a week out.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Day 10 of lockdown. Went to my office today to get some computer hardware and mail and shit. SF and Oakland are ghost towns, but I did see a handful of solo skaters around enjoying themselves in all the open space.

All our parks are basically shut down. Planning a cyclocross ride later. (Am I allowed to still call it that instead of gravel?)

Been eating quite well. Gonna slow roast a mess of lamb shanks tomorrow.

Happy hour seems to arrive a bit earlier each day...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
you think any of those are appropriate for 7 and 9 year olds? I'm kinda getting tired of Star Wars...
If they handle Star Wars then yes. My kids would flip their shit. They can barely handle Frozen 2. :D