Quantcast

Thursday? Yep, it's Thursday.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
If they handle Star Wars then yes. My kids would flip their shit. They can barely handle Frozen 2. :D
ha! funny you should say that. I think Star Wars has desensitized them. The couldn't finish Harry Potter last week. Now I think it would be NBD.

Maybe I'll start with Captain America then. Or re-watch Guardians of the Galaxy. That was a funny movie.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
you think any of those are appropriate for 7 and 9 year olds? I'm kinda getting tired of Star Wars...
My 7 and 4 year old boys absolutely love anything Marvel. One of the few movies they will actually sit and watch. I'm a bit of a nerd, so I love being able to watch any comic book movies with them.

I feel like this weekend is going to be a bit of a shit show here. I've been staffing our EOC at work and numbers keep creeping up. Orange County is going to be releasing numbers per city tomorrow, so I'm sure there's going to be all sorts of questions and people freaking out who and where and what's going on. Monday is gonna be super fun.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I really need to pull the monster pork shoulder out of the freezer to get it thawed... wife has decreed we will NOT be going to the store for at least 2 more weeks, so I suspect we're gonna mow through a lot of our freezer stock.
I too have pork shoulder in the freezer. I suppose I ought to smoke it. Probably too late for this weekend already. :think:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I have a small one in the fridge going on the Traeger tomorrow all day while I'm at work. At least with minimal instruction I think my wife can handle tending to it, which is basically don't touch it unless the temperature probe goes off and pull it out.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
typical french Canadian behavior is usually to ignore everyone.

French or not I have found 95% if Canadians to be super friendly, with the last 5% who seem to go out of their way to be the biggest assholes possible. My experiences are primarily limited to heavy manufacturing plants.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
French or not I have found 95% if Canadians to be super friendly, with the last 5% who seem to go out of their way to be the biggest assholes possible. My experiences are primarily limited to heavy manufacturing plants.
Probably those 5% knew you were Murican.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Whole pigs in general are great. The underground way is super rad and always a fun party. If I had to pick though, personally I'd go with slow cooking on a spit over open flame for crispy skin. :drool:

One time we had a party with a whole pig and two whole lambs cooked on Argentinian spits over wood fires. Now and then the pig was sprayed down with apple juice and the lambs with red wine. Jeebus that was a good one. :drool::drool:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
covid cases doubled in our county or some shit....21 day travel ban hammer...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
One time we had a party with a whole pig and two whole lambs cooked on Argentinian spits over wood fires. Now and then the pig was sprayed down with apple juice and the lambs with red wine. Jeebus that was a good one. :drool::drool:
I remember my distant cousins coming to visit every few years from Yugoslavia in the 70s before the war, my grandparents uncles and aunts would plan days of eating and drinking and have multiple spits with pigs, young lamb. The smell filled the town I remember. That was good eatin'.