Quantcast

^*^ Thursday? Yes. ^*^

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hi John.

'Mornin :monkey: !

Saw FT & SS briefly last night, good times. Dove into a good conversation with FT about the aspects of mental obstacles in bouncing back from injuries, and how they affect riding.

Cheers, everybody.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning friends!

Was riding a kickass, endless manual in my dream last night. Then I got out of bed, having slept in the wrong position, and felt like I got hit by a bus, so its safe to say it was definitely a dream.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey there, buckos! The new dog was raring to go at 4:45 this morning. :dead: Ever since we got her, my usual 8.5-9 hours of sleep has become about 7.5 hours. My body seems to have adjusted though. Anyway, I got outside for an easy 7 mile run this morning during sunrise. Cold but quite pleasant.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Stayed up late finishing paperwork for the week. I have to head out to Sacramento after shift to work a 3 day horse show. This will be interesting. I'm the EMT, Ruth is one of the Judges and not a competitor so all three dogs will be coming along too.

Morning espresso is thick and very dark...fits my mood perfectly.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Stayed up late finishing paperwork for the week. I have to head out to Sacramento after shift to work a 3 day horse show. This will be interesting. I'm the EMT, Ruth is one of the Judges and not a competitor so all three dogs will be coming along too.

Morning espresso is thick and very dark...fits my mood perfectly.
so you're thicc and dark? what's your snap?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Ps: made breakfast, got a double yolker egg. Today's gonna be a good day.
Wife just cracked a rotten egg. Black, rancid goo leaked out into the hot pan. JHFC did it stink. :bad:

First time I think I've ever had a rotten egg from a commercial distributor.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
weather seems to be improving for this weekend....@stihacka

otherwise life goes on. got a shitload of sleep last night- have been waking at 515 to work out, followed by a long day of work then parenting duty then sleep, so thursdays are usually my opportunity to catch up. and that's what I did

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Wife just cracked a rotten egg. Black, rancid goo leaked out into the hot pan. JHFC did it stink. :bad:

First time I think I've ever had a rotten egg from a commercial distributor.
My senior citizen neighbor splits her time between here and her farm in SD. Without fail, she brings me fresh eggs every time she comes here. I'm spoiled, moar spoiled than your breakfast.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
pilgrimage to DC in October to see idles....

edit: seeing nothing 10/17 at the black cat....idles 10/18 at 930 club...

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello

appt
Work half day
Zoom meeting
Phone back glass replacement

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Found an old RM sticker in my toolbox this weekend. So I stuck it on my new coozie:
1620919815670.png

Also, my 8 y.o. son just knocked his math test out of the park. This makes me happy because he's been struggling mightily with on-line learning. He just can't pay attention to the screen, it's brutal. So I finally broke down and bought a printer this week, and I've been doing his homework with him steadily but slowly using the pomodoro technique (15 minutes on - 5 minutes off - 15 on - recess). My work has suffered from it a bit, but I think his self-confindence took a huge boost. He went from having a melt down earlier this week saying "I'm stupid, I'm useless" to being told by his teacher that he's a master of fractions!

When he started being so down on himself I knew something needed to be done... that was so brutal to hear. I'm so relieved right now.

Attachments

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Shit its a sad day for technical riding for the region here. Got word that the owner of a private trail network here which features awesome rock slabs, roots, roots ontop of rocks and generally just awesome tech riding, has decided to retire and the place is going to remain closed. Props to him, but dammmmmit, that sucks. This guy cared for his trails and they were always immaculate!
@mykel did you ever get to visit here?

RIP

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Aren’t you unhappy about that as well? When do you have time for you know... a life?
There's no rest for the wicked. If my current startup turns into smashing success, I won't be repeating this experience in the future. In the mean time, I have to divide and conquer any leisure time I get.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
There's no rest for the wicked. If my current startup turns into smashing success, I won't be repeating this experience in the future. In the mean time, I have to divide and conquer any leisure time I get.
a friend of mine said that once. about 10 years ago. I haven't ridden with him since :(

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Fuckers are trying to kill me today. Coming into an intersection where I have the green I see two white cars coming from my left at a really high rate of speed. Then they see the red and lock it up. Acura starts fishtailing gets love tapped by the Lexus and starts spinning towards me. I hit reverse just as the Acura clipps the far curb and deflects away from me. The Lexus now runs the red and the Acura spins around and takes after him. Assholes