Quantcast

^*^ Thursday? Yes. ^*^

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
rode with the 11yo. he started hitting the little wooden booters and small drops scattered along the trail. his stoke level was high. so awesome. little guy can actually boogie along on the trail too. gonna take him for an easy mtn ride s00n.

now, sooooooooooshi n beers

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Maybe should make an appearance today... Hi!

Finally got our taxes sorted out. I'm very happy paying my tax dude every year. He managed to get a chunk of Wifey's income to go away in the form of employer contributions to a new SEP IRA, which saved us about $3k. However we end up getting to keep all of that money in the form of retirement money. Avoid taxes (now) and get to set aside more than standard retirement account limits. Win-win. Not looking forward to 2021 taxes though. There is a shit storm a brewing from Wifey's company's mistakes that all came to fruition this calendar year.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fight club kind of day.

Ride 1: rented demo bikes, switchblade for me, was supposed to be an offering for wifey. I didn't notice until we'd driven 45+ minutes away to the trailhead they'd given her a following.

12 mile ride planned, 5ish miles in one of my brand new OneUp alloy pedals seized and would no longer function at all as a pedal. 3 mile, 1hr walk in temps my Garmin said were 100 freedums.

Head back to the rental place and they apologise for the mistake and do me a deal on some new pedals, CrankBros. I've never owned any CB pedals before, I'm hoping they last longer than the oneups.

Ride 2: temps went up even more, Garmin said 103 freedums. I'd like about 40 less please. The payoff trail was not worth the 3 1/2hrs at all.

Hopefully tomorrow rides are less eventful.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Took my friend Marcy's Dog Tiny out. She dragged me through the side yard into a Huge Puddle. The whole walk I was soaked. I showed awesome levels of restraint. I locked her in her crate and left her for 4 hours. By the time I got back she was crying. As soon as I let her out of the crate she bolted for the door and peed and pooped and was rather conciliatory. Currently cuddling with her. Highlight of the day.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Fight club kind of day.

Ride 1: rented demo bikes, switchblade for me, was supposed to be an offering for wifey. I didn't notice until we'd driven 45+ minutes away to the trailhead they'd given her a following.

12 mile ride planned, 5ish miles in one of my brand new OneUp alloy pedals seized and would no longer function at all as a pedal. 3 mile, 1hr walk in temps my Garmin said were 100 freedums.

Head back to the rental place and they apologise for the mistake and do me a deal on some new pedals, CrankBros. I've never owned any CB pedals before, I'm hoping they last longer than the oneups.

Ride 2: temps went up even more, Garmin said 103 freedums. I'd like about 40 less please. The payoff trail was not worth the 3 1/2hrs at all.

Deets, man! You ride Gooseberry, didn't ya? :D

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Pedals died on Little Creek. We roasted riding the dumb loop to hit the "awesome" Jem trail. Never again.
JEM trail was ‘awesome’ when my kid was, like, 7.
EDIT: To be less snarky, it really was the absolute perfect “welcome to shuttle life” trail for the little spoiled pukes.
ingrates.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Threw some weight on my back for a few hours this evening and pretty much had the trails to myself. Everyone must all be at home guarding their gasoline stash with their second amendments. Ahh hiking in Freedomland...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
What did you both think of the rentals?
For the few miles I had a functioning bike, the Switchblade was definitely just a big wheeled version of my current Burner.

I think S was ambivalent about the Following.

When we went back to the shop they had a L Offering with a SHOUT fork on it. Owner told me to smash it into some curbs, so I did. Definitely would be good on ledgy trails.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
For the few miles I had a functioning bike, the Switchblade was definitely just a big wheeled version of my current Burner.

I think S was ambivalent about the Following.

When we went back to the shop they had a L Offering with a SHOUT fork on it. Owner told me to smash it into some curbs, so I did. Definitely would be good on ledgy trails.
I'm very curious how the dual damper setup would work in real life.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Fight club kind of day.

this is why i've gone back to shimano pedals.