Quantcast

Thursday

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work. Every. Fucking. Day.

New contractor has gone dark on us too, so looks like I'm going the tile and stone over the weekend. We still have all their shit and not a word back from anyone. Fucking bizzare.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
New contractor has gone dark on us too, so looks like I'm going the tile and stone over the weekend. We still have all their shit and not a word back from anyone. Fucking bizzare.
my parents once had a contractor go dark on them for like 3 weeks. turns out the dude's wife died. maybe don't be so quick to judge.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
found out this morning that google will be killing Play Music and migrating everything to youtube music. not only is youtube music an abomination of an app, you'll be required to pay a monthly fee to cast the audio.

guess its back to winamp.

google is such trash. they build great things and then just abandon them like a 5 yo after christmas. inbox was great, it's dead. I'm waiting for google to kill their wearables...who knows what's next. hoping I don't have to migrate all of my photos off of google pics.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
google is such trash. they build great things and then just abandon them like a 5 yo after christmas. inbox was great, it's dead. I'm waiting for google to kill their wearables...who knows what's next. hoping I don't have to migrate all of my photos off of google pics.
its not just that they abandon them, it's that when they do it's usually for an inferior product/service. have you tried youtube music? its fucking terrible.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
found out this morning that google will be killing Play Music and migrating everything to youtube music. not only is youtube music an abomination of an app, you'll be required to pay a monthly fee to cast the audio.

REally?

As a music app Play is great and easy, I use it at work all the time. Charging to cast is horseshit as well.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Virus incubator run this morning (nursing home) not looking forward to it. After work I have to get my fishing and Kayaking gear together. Me and a buddy are going striped bass fishing on the Cosumnes river Saturday, it's one of those places that's a total kick even if the fishing is dead.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark

When I renovated the apartment in Brooklyn I never had a contractor finish their work and kept hiring the next guy to finish what the previous guy didn't finish etc. Several left tools and supplies they never came back to get. So bizarre.

Rode to work for the first time. Not the most fun route but fun to give full gas over 19km and I ended up riding part of the way with a nice guy on his way to work too. Riding with the company bike team later and so hopefully hitting 100km by the end of the day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
no, I hated google music.
oh that's right you're kind of a weirdo.

play was good because i could upload all my old albums that i had ripped to digital and could play it anywhere. i mean it wasn't a great app, i certainly would have changed certain aspects of it but it was definitely one of the least horrible options.

now i'm going to have to download all the music i purchased through google.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
oh that's right you're kind of a weirdo.

play was good because i could upload all my old albums that i had ripped to digital and could play it anywhere. i mean it wasn't a great app, i certainly would have changed certain aspects of it but it was definitely one of the least horrible options.

now i'm going to have to download all the music i purchased through google.
lol kind of

i use samsung music, and I only listen to stuff that I have on it. I never got into streaming because it seemed dumb to upload all of my music into a service that would allow me to download it on demand, especially if they ended up closing and I had to try to get my music back... I tried a bunch of players and none were particularly good, but samsung was the least worst.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
lol kind of

i use samsung music, and I only listen to stuff that I have on it. I never got into streaming because it seemed dumb to upload all of my music into a service that would allow me to download it on demand, especially if they ended up closing and I had to try to get my music back... I tried a bunch of players and none were particularly good, but samsung was the least worst.
google play music got me hooked because i could upload a large portion of the music i already had and stream it anywhere.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Took my boys to the pump track this morning. Now I'm at my buddies backyard pool. This evening is ride night. Too bad there's a work sandwich in there!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

REally?

As a music app Play is great and easy, I use it at work all the time. Charging to cast is horseshit as well.
google play music got me hooked because i could upload a large portion of the music i already had and stream it anywhere.
God damnit, really?

I love play for the same reason and agree that YouTube music is trash. Not to mention anything with a YouTube url gets throttled horribly at work. As much as I hate iTunes, I guess it's time to dust off the iPods.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
He posted on the bookface that this was a planned surgery related to his Crohn disease. So he's likely missing some more bits now than before.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey LOL. I rolled my big fat ass out of bed at 5:45 for an hour of running. It was actually a pleasant morning for a change (58 degrees). Sitting in the basement office now with Close Encounters of the Third Kind on the TV for background noise. I like working from home.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
He posted on the bookface that this was a planned surgery related to his Crohn disease. So he's likely missing some more bits now than before.
This.
After some bogus and gnalry diagnotics, doc was like, we gotta you open. Once split me open, things were way worse than expected. Now I am sitting at BCH healing. Alone.
I got my first "solid" food today and holy shit I never knew that half a tiny bowl of Rice Krispies could me sweat so much cuss and wince like this. Been tolerating pain for way too long so hopefully soon I will be pain free once I recover from this.

2020 sucks.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This.
After some bogus and gnalry diagnotics, doc was like, we gotta you open. Once split me open, things were way worse than expected. Now I am sitting at BCH healing. Alone.
I got my first "solid" food today and holy shit I never knew that half a tiny bowl of Rice Krispies could me sweat so much cuss and wince like this. Been tolerating pain for way too long so hopefully soon I will be pain free once I recover from this.

2020 sucks.
fucking brutal. heal up quick dude.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
This.

2020 sucks.
fuck. feel better soon dude.
if you need anything dropped off at BCH let me know and I'll drive up with a care package.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
This.

2020 sucks.
Ugh...... Dislike.

Get better man.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head

Screenshot_20200625-113632.png

I'm building this 5 floors 100,000 sq ft most contracts are over 7 figures per trade and I'll have contractors disappear for a week or two and its just how it is. It drives me insane

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
By day 8, I had a TV and DVD player running MTB videos all day, and a small stereo playing Mudvayne and Rise Against as loud as they’d let me. Have you tried that yet?
yes. lol for sure. just replace the things after DVD player.
I was listening to reggae earlier pretty sure they were more tolerant of that genre here.