Quantcast

Thursday

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Went to plamer park for a ride. Got hit by a car driven by a little old lady in the crosswalk of Mainland and Academy, for those who know the intersection, coming home. First thing she says when she gets out of the car is "I didn't see you, I've got a bad eye". Cops, ambulance, road rash, probably fucked up bike, the whole works. Meat wagon crew didn't think I needed to go to the hospital, which is absolutely fine by me, but I am now on my way to the walk in clinic because I'm already starting to feel like shit and suspect I'll need something a little stronger than an OTC to take the edge off by tomorrow.
Goddammit, man. Fucking drivers. :mad:

Dude what the fuck. Glad you sound mostly okay.

"Sorry I didn't see you, I've got a bad eye". ARE YOU FUCKIN KIDDING? Maybe don't do something that has such high reliance on vision. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I'm horrified by the number of people I've met over the years who apparently can't see for shit and drive. :panic:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
We've been using Behr Premium Plus Enamel so far, so I'm sticking with it for color consistency. When I do the office shelves, which are more used (vs display), I might switch over.

Any suggestions on how best to smooth out wood grain on a desk/shelving surface? Wood filler and sanding I'm guessing?
Oak?

Timbermate is good stuff, it just takes time and patience.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkeys.

Boss man said that they are waiting on final approval, but they have a request to convert me to legit employee. I for one am excited and it would be a relief.

Booked 4 days over 4th weekend and the office is closed the following week. With any luck I can build out the storage we've decided on in the truck and maybe get the fan and propane so the stove is legit.

It could happen.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Went to plamer park for a ride. Got hit by a car driven by a little old lady in the crosswalk of Mainland and Academy, for those who know the intersection, coming home. First thing she says when she gets out of the car is "I didn't see you, I've got a bad eye". Cops, ambulance, road rash, probably fucked up bike, the whole works. Meat wagon crew didn't think I needed to go to the hospital, which is absolutely fine by me, but I am now on my way to the walk in clinic because I'm already starting to feel like shit and suspect I'll need something a little stronger than an OTC to take the edge off by tomorrow.
i hope you poked her in her good eye...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hopefully nothing too bad after a nights sleep.

I bet a brand new Rid Egg would help with the recovery. Fat Azar, the strong arm can help if you call him now!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Damn Squeeb. at least you limped away from it. I always hated responding to bike accidents as there was a good chance I knew the rider. Nothing worse than looking down at someone in the litter and despite all the blood and gore their name comes to you as you rush to the waiting helo. Heal up bro

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Post work ride was amazing. Dirt was perfect. Hit all the right lines. Felt like I was going fast and cheating death.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Dude what the fuck. Glad you sound mostly okay.

"Sorry I didn't see you, I've got a bad eye". ARE YOU FUCKIN KIDDING? Maybe don't do something that has such high reliance on vision. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Almost got hit in the crosswalk with the kiddo Tuesday by a guy who “didn’t see me”, he made a left turn toward me, after I’d walked about 15ft into the street w/walk signal. I’m a 6’2” dude in a red shirt, orange hat and a baby hanging off my chest. That was just the most recent time, ever since Covid I’ve been walking 3-7 miles a day, and having maybe 1-2 near misses a week. People don’t pay attention worth a shit, thinkingabout carrying a rock or 5 every time I walk with the mini. You can’t see? I guess you won’t mind a broken windshield then right?

@Pesqueeb Heal up man! That’s brutal.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
just watched the recent parkway drive documentary...it made me go back and watch their first one. good dudes and good music are good. props.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
UPS says I have 8lbs I’d coffee beans out for delivery, today is going to be a good day

Hard to show up and finish the job when you’re sitting in jail. Back in my construction management days we’d always schedule in a day or two buffer per month for crews getting arrested, murdered, so whacked out on meth they forgot where they worked etc. You can generally tell if it’ll happen by their tools, high end but obviously well used tools, means the guy will more than likely finish the job. Brand new cheapie tools? He’s going to jail
I think you are on to something :-)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
FFS

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
We do work all over the country so maybe

If this Corona did not happen after this project I was going to golden to tear down a hotel and build a new one in it's place but the developer put it on hold for now
Wait.

Golden, Colorado?

They have a really good taco place in Golden.

Let us know if it gets back on track and we'll eat tacos and drink mezcal.