Quantcast

Thursday

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. One call today then I need to find a giant box to ship a tool box to TN for BIL. Work on more jigs today.

Edit: jointer jig was pretty good yesterday, but still a bit off. These are 2 standard 2*4s. Warped to fuck, but still flush outside of the warped areas. There is a slight angle though. With some mild sanding, these would be totally smooth.
IMG_20201209_165105_01.jpg

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I do detect a distinct lack of motivation to get my shit together this morning. Espresso has not changed that. maybe food will.

Watching the furballs wrestle with each other. I feel like joining in and saying FU human world.

I can't believe that I have now worked for the same company for 14 years

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i have no meetings today or tomorrow. let the fuckery commence!

work zoom lunch tomorrow. sounds weird as fuck but my boss is letting me expense lunch so whatevs.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Finally a chance to breathe at work. Goodbye 12s.

i have no meetings today or tomorrow. let the fuckery commence!

work zoom lunch tomorrow. sounds weird as fuck but my boss is letting me expense lunch so whatevs.
Sounds like a sushi boat is in order.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hi, friends! LOL! I went to the track before sunrise and ran circles for five miles, then stopped at Harbucks for my five shot Americano.

I've got our division holiday virtual luncheon tomorrow too. Since they usually do this at a country club at the cost of about $35 a head, we've all been told to go spend $35 on food and expense it. Could be a restaurant, grocery store, Costco, wherever. That is much better than having to attend an actual luncheon!!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Ordered a skateboard this morning.

I am l'excité. I am also ordering G-Form knee and elbow pads, which will be used for both skateboarding and mountain biking. Because I am l'ancien.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Working 2-10 PM today.

Before then have planned out a Peloton ride, a quick trip out to Costco in Arvada, and then have an hour long boring Zoom (where I'm ostensibly the co-chair so have to show up).

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hi, friends! LOL! I went to the track before sunrise and ran circles for five miles, then stopped at Harbucks for my five shot Americano.

I've got our division holiday virtual luncheon tomorrow too. Since they usually do this at a country club at the cost of about $35 a head, we've all been told to go spend $35 on food and expense it. Could be a restaurant, grocery store, Costco, wherever. That is much better than having to attend an actual luncheon!!
$35 of donuts?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Edit: jointer jig was pretty good yesterday, but still a bit off. These are 2 standard 2*4s. Warped to fuck, but still flush outside of the warped areas. There is a slight angle though. With some mild sanding, these would be totally smooth.View attachment 153440

Sounds like you're ready to enter the exciting, and also quite boring and frustrating world of handplanes.

But honestly, a couple swipes with a plane will fix that joint more accurately than sanding ever will, and faster.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sounds like you're ready to enter the exciting, and also quite boring and frustrating world of handplanes.

But honestly, a couple swipes with a plane will fix that joint more accurately than sanding ever will, and faster.
Ugh. I might just ask my dad to send me his old ones. Will probably be cheaper than buying new ones.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Ugh. I might just ask my dad to send me his old ones. Will probably be cheaper than buying new ones.
See what he's got, old Stanley, Record, Marples are good shit, and can be made even better with new Hock or Veritas irons, sorta-old 1970s stuff may be more frustrating than it's worth. The good quality new planes are night and day better than the older stuff, but they are damn expensive.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
See what he's got, old Stanley, Record, Marples are good shit, and can be made even better with new Hock or Veritas irons, sorta-old 1970s stuff may be more frustrating than it's worth. The good quality new planes are night and day better than the older stuff, but they are damn expensive.
i have an older version of this and find it easier to use (although less precise) than a hand plane. can cover a larger area in a single pass as well.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'd love a good bench plane. Not sure how much I'd actually use it, but man is it satisfying making thin, continuous paper thin curls of wood.

Watching the Japanese work with planes is oddly mesmerizing.