Quantcast

!@#$%Thursdaygmt%$#@×+

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Did not sleep well last night thinking about somebody giving me trouble at work and that the wife plus a good friend had been fired on the same day. At least I got a laugh out of this one

At least my new wheelset arrives today and I can get the bike setup and ready for weekend fun times.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. School apparently at 90min delay. Presenting data to mgmt later today. Sounds like it will be about how our reporting from Salesforce needs to be done differently and why we need someone who can properly use excel and macros to clean up data for us is more important - because this can be done relatively easily with a macro in excel while SF cannot do it.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Wrote Vorsprung yesterday to see if they'd service their own shock since I don't trust S4. No answer. :/

Going to meet the principal this morning to see why the school is failing so miserably to teach my son. I have an idea - the teacher is apathetic, the resource teacher is coasting towards retirement, and the principal is a useless piece of cow manure (she's been demoted twice - from a high school principal to a grade school, and the parent Council from the last school had her fired).

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well the awd in the Volkwagen sure does work well.

Need to shovel the driveway today shortly, but first I must coffee it now.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Relatively light day for meetings, only 3.5 hours worth. Maybe I'll actually get some other stuff done.

In-laws are coming later and I'm supposed to be cooking pan seared scallops with brown butter and capers for dinner.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
A good friend from highschool passed away yesterday. Had leukemia, was progressing fast enough Cleveland clinic couldn’t do anything. He decided to pass at home with his wife and kids. Had 3 kids. Sucks.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What's up there, Bruhffles potato chips!! I was going to swim this morning but the pool had a delayed opening because of RAIN. jhfc. Since I was up anyway, I did an easy hour on the kickr. I'll get outside for a run later when said rain ends.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Apparently I wasn't the only one unprepared for yesterdays blizzard.

https://katu.com/news/local/surprise-snow-closes-roads-interstate-84-highway-26throughout-portland-metro-area

Today will be a hot mess. I get to take Monday to a groomer for another lion cut, oh joy. It is only $140 for the groomer vs $700 for the ER vet, so we will try this route this year. I also hope to get some tips so maybe she doesn't get shaved again. The first 10 years she had no issues but ever since sho got pancreatitis, she has had matting issues (likely the food change)..

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Today will be a hot mess. I get to take Monday to a groomer for another lion cut, oh joy. It is only $140 for the groomer vs $700 for the ER vet, so we will try this route this year. I also hope to get some tips so maybe she doesn't get shaved again. The first 10 years she had no issues but ever since sho got pancreatitis, she has had matting issues (likely the food change)..
cat?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
PXL_20221113_163956339~2.jpg

The fluff monster. She was on Iams hairball formula forever but switched to Blue sensitive stomach after she got sick. Now she seems to get matt's in the undercoat. I've bought 3 different brushes to help, but so far no bueno. "Jared the cat rustler" got great reviews, but I have to drive to Vancouver, ugh.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
View attachment 189828

The fluff monster. She was on Iams hairball formula forever but switched to Blue sensitive stomach after she got sick. Now she seems to get matt's in the undercoat. I've bought 3 different brushes to help, but so far no bueno. "Jared the cat rustler" got great reviews, but I have to drive to Vancouver, ugh.
our long hair cats (siberians) have the same issue. Ask the groomer for a belly shave, that's what we do to keep it under control.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
What is your trust issues with S4?
Too many fuck ups on my suspension (2x), and several fuck ups on my buddies' suspension (at least 3x that I can remember). I loved Vorsprung's thoroughness - their checklist and process was exhaustive, clear and transparent. That isn't the case with S4 - or at least it wasn't the case when I last did business with them.

I can't quite understand how they have grown so much. I think maybe it's because they're the only game in town (in the east) and haven't faced serious competition.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Too many fuck ups on my suspension (2x), and several fuck ups on my buddies' suspension (at least 3x that I can remember). I loved Vorsprung's thoroughness - their checklist and process was exhaustive, clear and transparent. That isn't the case with S4 - or at least it wasn't the case when I last did business with them.

I can't quite understand how they have grown so much. I think maybe it's because they're the only game in town (in the east) and haven't faced serious competition.
A few folks discussed this sort of thing in a thread over in the DH forum a few days back. Reviews seem to be mixed, basically a toss up with what you'll get in return.

It was also revealed that Vorsprung's service center was purchased/taken over by S4 - https://www.vorsprungsuspension.com/pages/contact-us
1677162405354.png

It might have been @konifere or @vivisectxi , I forget, but they suggested https://suspensionwerx.com/ which is also out of Vancouver.

I recently shipped a fork out to Vancouver and shipping was actually not bad - about $33-36ish dollars to get it there. Might be cheaper if they have the same sort of pickup service that S4 offers.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Over working down in the bunker!
Just coming to the end of an overnight 12hr shift, so when I get out of here at 06:30hrs I don't have to come back until Sunday morning.
Feeling pretty worked over after the last few weeks of working out of the National Crisis Management Centre.
I really need a break.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
View attachment 189828

after years of working at vet clinics....best advice....

take to groomer....

have him shaved from armpits to asshole and trim/shave the backs of the legs...

if sedation is needed...so be it...

nothing worse than a cat with the squirts dragging his shitty ass all over your countertops/furniture...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
after years of working at vet clinics....best advice....

take to groomer....

have him shaved from armpits to asshole and trim/shave the backs of the legs...

if sedation is needed...so be it...

nothing worse than a cat with the squirts dragging his shitty ass all over your countertops/furniture...
Last year her whole side was just a solid block. I'd never seen anything like that before. We had an appointment with our regular vet but it was almost a month out. The block started pulling away from her skin by her shoulder, so we to her to the ER and she was shaved. This year she just has a couple patches by her hips, so I booked her.

Not sure if the blizzard will prevent the trip. It seems I5 is just starting to move. Portland got 10.8" yesterday. Second highest total ever.