Quantcast

***Thursderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Hangar has teh Ebola. Was me and one other guy yesterday, and he probably shouldn't have been there. I'd of blamed it on St Paddy's brown bottle flu, but a bunch of night guys have been out, and one of the day shift guys has been out for 2 days, and doesn't drink.

40 and raining. Ugh.....

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! 5 miles on the treadmill before work, and I feel like a pussmuffin for being unwilling to run outside in the 15 degree temps. Look son, I've just had it with the cold.

I have a feeling Kentucky will not win the TOURNEY.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Morning, Get to drive the truck to work so I can drop it off at the shop. Nice thing about driving a 4x4 crew cab with dents to work is that the BMW set tends to stay far away rightfully figuring that I won't try to miss if they cut me off.

Gaah... rode the Moonlander ten miles from auto dealer to work, 10 F, no pogies.

Thirsty Thursday, last time I make the beer and food run for work.

I sent email to a bunch of ex-employees announcing it, and told them to put word on the street, might be interesting.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

After 5.5 months of looking on Craigslist I finally scored a truck topper last night for $400. Granted it's silver and my truck is grey, but given that I had just gotten a quote for $1800 for a new one takes the sting out of the mismatching colors.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Gaah... rode the Moonlander ten miles from auto dealer to work, 10 F, no pogies.

Thirsty Thursday, last time I make the beer and food run for work.

I sent email to a bunch of ex-employees announcing it, and told them to put word on the street, might be interesting.
Wait, you have a BEER run at work? Where the hell do I sign up?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Fraud on the business debit card again and I just had the card renewed a month ago. Somebody has been eating McDonalds and driving around cabs in Brooklyn on our expense. With all the fraud there is in the US its crazy the banks has not forced the use of chip based card sooner.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Fraud on the business debit card again and I just had the card renewed a month ago. Somebody has been eating McDonalds and driving around cabs in Brooklyn on our expense. With all the fraud there is in the US its crazy the banks has not forced the use of chip based card sooner.
Chip as in RFID, or chip as in the little gold chip on the card and you have to punch in a code? I don't see how the RFID cards are any safer when all you have to do is wave the thing in front of a terminal... there's no way of proving who had the card?!

On coffee #3 now. Somehow the kids did a massive u-turn in their sleep habits last night. They had been sleeping beautifully for the past few weeks (well, maybe days), but last night they took turns waking up. I don't think I fell asleep before 2:30 and was up at 6:30. WTF?!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
they sure have been livin' it up :rolleyes:
Only the best, baby!

RFID is almost a good idea but it isn't very secure. I used to work on a security RFID project a few years ago and it was scary how insecure it was then (just before they started the first round of tap pay systems).

I haven't looked at Apple Pay, but I'd be interested to see what sort of security they have around it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
It would be a bigger deal if the authorities gave two shits. I had a fraudulent charge on my card last year for $1200 where they had an opportunity to nab the guy but the police told me to just file a report and let it go. :stosh:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
One day left, then 3 day weekend. Sore throat, feel like poo, still going to try and ride tonight.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Getting oil changed on our one car that needs oil changes today, at Comprehensive Car Care. I've mentioned this before, but they only work on Toyota, Subaru, and Honda. My kind of shop, this.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Doing my rear pads this weekend on my Tundra. 170K and I'm pretty sure it's the original shoes and drums.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Rear drums do need to be adjusted. If they aren't making full contact, they will last forever, but you will also go through fronts faster than you normally would. My shoes are just breaking through to the metal, but no big deal since I'm doing the drums at the same time. $100 for both drums and shoes. Not even worth getting the old ones turned.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Rear drums do need to be adjusted. If they aren't making full contact, they will last forever, but you will also go through fronts faster than you normally would. My shoes are just breaking through to the metal, but no big deal since I'm doing the drums at the same time. $100 for both drums and shoes. Not even worth getting the old ones turned.
That's what I did. No point messing with ancient drums...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Chip as in RFID, or chip as in the little gold chip on the card and you have to punch in a code? I don't see how the RFID cards are any safer when all you have to do is wave the thing in front of a terminal... there's no way of proving who had the card?
Gold chip as this card. I have even see these chips are getting bigger.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Mornin!

After 5.5 months of looking on Craigslist I finally scored a truck topper last night for $400. Granted it's silver and my truck is grey, but given that I had just gotten a quote for $1800 for a new one takes the sting out of the mismatching colors.
Truck toppers are terrible that way. Either pay out the ass or surf the classifieds for a few months and get a good deal.

Did some trail building last night. Want/need to go again but my wife can shoot lasers out her eyes and fry my testicles. Some guy bought a chunk (75acres) of land that our trails are on. He effectively de-comissioned over 2.5 miles of our big XC loop. All so he can have shooting pit. We have been working on the re-route all week and need a few more work parties to finish a rideable path.

Last edited:

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
The wifey car threw a code for a leak at the charcoal canister, 04 Toy Rav4. Apparently, the damn thing sits on top of the fuel tank and I'll have to drop it. I can fix it for $30 with cursing or pay $600 at an indy.

recycling

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
looking to get back into fly fishing (haven't done it since high school) anyone got a recommendation for a good starter kit? will be in mostly mid size streams and a few shallow rivers, and the occasional lake

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Oil has been changed. Whole Foods has been visited (they consistently stock the soy milk variety my picky daughter demands). Work has been biked to. Grant proposal has been written and submitted. Now I'm running MATLAB experiments that have a runtime of about 80 seconds, so as to allow for a short bit of web surfing or journal reading at a time.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yup.

I got a f**king creek-rod that is about 6-1/2 feet long and that damn thing is a BITCH to get any distance on... my kids' cheap-a$$ Redingtons (I think they are 9') are soooooooo much easier.
i think the rod i learned on was like 8' so that sounds about right.

you should steal your kids rod.