Quantcast

***Thursderp GMT***

The ground is white outside. Coffee has been consumed. I need to pay a combined $4 K in Vermont and Federal taxes, then $760 quarterly to pay for roads and bridges and people who claim to run things. Not unhappy to contribute, but I would surely like to see some changes made for the sake of efficiency and ethics...

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
baby slept 7 hours straight. wat
You might get lucky. Ours has pretty much slept 10-12 hours straight most nights, except when he's been sick or had teeth coming in. We have been pretty consistent with sticking to his bedtime and not going in the room. If they learn you will go in when they cry, you are screwed.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
And don't be quiet
Play tv loud music loud vacuum
Too often people tip toe around to not wake up baby then the slightest noise wakes them up

And NEVER let them sleep in your bed you will neve get them out

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Been plugging away at these online courses. Some of the material is interesting, but the dudes voice is so monotone it puts me out. And did they REALLY need to break out equalization theory into 4 parts? Is understanding how to use an EQ really that hard to understand?

Moar coffee.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
And don't be quiet
Play tv loud music loud vacuum
Too often people tip toe around to not wake up baby then the slightest noise wakes them up

And NEVER let them sleep in your bed you will neve get them out
My girls are both good sleepers (10-12+ hours per night). We never tried to be quiet around them and they both did great. My youngest used to get grumpy and put herself down for a nap because "she would feel better after a rest" and sleep for 2-3 hours!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Westy's parenting advice:

When the baby is first born, beat the crap out of some other kid in front of them so they understand you aren't going to put up with any shit. Use some kind of doll if you are a pussy and might get your ass kicked by the kid.

Feed them coffee all day so they will not nap and will sleep through the night.

Don't refer to yourselves with silly names like mommy or poppy. Keep things formal, Sir Father Sir.

Don't let them look you straight in the eyes, don't want them thinking they are dominant.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all.

Paper rejected last night. In between cases I plan to revise it and resubmit. The Academic Machine must march onwards.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
What's the BEST DAY EVER? New bike day, of course! Such a pretty pony...

Helped wrench on a new bike build last night. So nice.

I think I have the "me too" bug, and want a new trail bike now.
Thanks for the help last night, Nick. Solid work, even though we didn't get to trimming brake lines down I got her out on dirt today and Hoe Lee Sheet it's good. Yeah, you need one.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
What's the BEST DAY EVER? New bike day, of course! Such a pretty pony...

Thanks for the help last night, Nick. Solid work, even though we didn't get to trimming brake lines down I got her out on dirt today and Hoe Lee Sheet it's good. Yeah, you need one.
Is that the SB-6? You had a 66 right? Interested if there is much difference...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Is that the SB-6? You had a 66 right? Interested if there is much difference...
I did have a SB-66c, this is the 5c... I was on the fence of getting a 5c or 6c and it came down to availability really. I could get a 5c now-ish, or wait 2 weeks forever for a 6c. So I built this up with a 36 at 160mm to slack it up a bit and offer some stiffness over the 34 chassis. Compared to my 66, I only have one ride on this one and one ride on a friend's 5c but the two real noticeable differences to me are it's slightly shorter in the front-center (reach) and it's definitely lighter. Otherwise it's as good or better in all ways so far. I have never built a bike and ridden it less than 8 hours later, done zero suspension setup, and felt so comfortable so quickly. Very happy.

do you know offhand what size bearings the axle takes? my pair have been sitting in my parts bin waiting for a rebuild.

do you know if the spindle spring can be sourced anywhere still?
You know I don't have any idea... the reason I have a few pair is so I don't have to rebuild them. Just ride them until they fall apart then throw the next pair on. Thing is, they just keep going and going...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Westy's parenting advice:

When the baby is first born, beat the crap out of some other kid in front of them so they understand you aren't going to put up with any shit. Use some kind of doll if you are a pussy and might get your ass kicked by the kid.

Feed them coffee all day so they will not nap and will sleep through the night.

Don't refer to yourselves with silly names like mommy or poppy. Keep things formal, Sir Father Sir.

Don't let them look you straight in the eyes, don't want them thinking they are dominant.
introduce them to tussin cough syrup at a early age.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Our baby sleeps in the bed with us every night... didn't plan it but it's easier to feed and change her.

@ kranked... The thought crossed my mind!

Ordered a set of Hadley ss hubs for a 650b Trans Am. Replacing my Simple. Frickin head tube is all ovalized and creaky. Wheels on it are 26" and 135mm. Way too obsolete to be seen in public with.