Quantcast

***Thursderp GMT***

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:wave:
Hero dirt status confirmed for BC, though I think I did leave part of my lungs on the side of the trail climbing Bad Kitty.
good job.

sunny/chilly out...may sashay through the woods.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
@stevew, where you gon' sachay? I suggest a scouting trip to Poplar Tent to see what damage the gravel mine hath wrought on what used to be the best trail in Charlotte.

c'mon coffee, work your magic

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Saw a bear on my run last night. I kind of felt bad for him because he had a fat red DEP tag stuck to his ear. Poor fella. He waddled out of the woods right in front my path (maybe 20 feet away), stared at me, and so I took a different route home.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It's my Friday, bitches. I do have some tests to run before I split today, but shouldn't be too bad. Long ass drive south tomorrow, but there is beer when I get there.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Enjoy the monotony of I-5, JD. Don't flip your shit or anything else. :derp:

I pedaled slowly in to work today. Half day academic/research time, half day in the reading room. Not a bad week: 3 days of "work", 2 days of research time.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Breakfast area at my hotel this morning was filled with military for an Airborne reunion as well as Para-Olympic athletes in town for some big event. I spent the last 20 minutes listening to three guys talk about time in Vietnam. It sounded like they were talking about last year. Respect, all around.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
First ride on the new bike this morning. Already made some changes. Needed shorter stem, put on different tires and I had a nice post and seat I can use. Platform pedals for commuting and for bunny hops.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
First ride on the new bike this morning. Already made some changes. Needed shorter stem, put on different tires and I had a nice post and seat I can use. Platform pedals for commuting and for bunny hops.

My how NYC has changed. When I was last there in the early 90's, that thing would have been stolen before you got the picture off.

Isn't actual bike content in the GMT thread a bannable offense?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I actually like a lot of things about the early 90s NYC. I lived here the first time from 91-92 and I had a great time. I think Giuliani so called clean up took some of the fun out of the city.

Sorry about the bike content.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I actually like a lot of things about the early 90s NYC. I lived here the first time from 91-92 and I had a great time. I think Giuliani so called clean up took some of the fun out of the city.

Sorry about the bike content.
Fun, as in the ease of acquiring drugs and prostitutes in times square?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I really need to start bringing lunch to work. Coffee is not cutting it as a meal.

That and I'm craving some Indian or Mexican food. Must do!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
sup?
this from my brilliant IT goons...
"IT will be implementing controls to block the use of USB storage devices on Company computers, except for pre-approved business processes. This includes copying of data to USB sticks, USB drives, smartphones, etc."
I cant work with out my USB device. :dead:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Which post, and died how?
It's the X Fusion Hilo Strate. I have the same post (only difference is one is 30.9 vs 31.6) on my Scout and its been flawless for months.

This one (the 30.9) stopped popping up after one ride. It will compress fully and then only pop up 2 inches. I can pull it the rest of the way and it stays. Tried loosening the collar but nothing happened.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
sup?
this from my brilliant IT goons...
"IT will be implementing controls to block the use of USB storage devices on Company computers, except for pre-approved business processes. This includes copying of data to USB sticks, USB drives, smartphones, etc."
I cant work with out my USB device. :dead:
There is always a way around it :monkey:

How are they doing this? Group Policy?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I am trying to picture just how bad the Mexican food is up there. Cannot picture.
I'm lucky in that there is a small local Mexican place owned by a genuine Mexican (rare around these parts).

Not as good as what I had access to when I lived in Colorado though... :(

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Trail ride on my favorite local spot, the place where I learned to ride technical single track 25 years ago. One section has been neutered. Many, many roots cut out and covered up, drop off is gone and trail widened in spots. Fucking assholes are trying to turn it into another flow trail for Dirt Roadies. This place has always been the opposite of flow. You want flow, you have to earn it out here.

I am a sad and angry monkey today. This just sucks !