Quantcast

+!@$% Thursderp GMT %^&*

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Day 3 of boot camp with the boys. My legs are starting to get use to the running part and I think I have the best ball control I have ever had in soccer too.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Mornin!

For those stuck in the throes of winter I present to you the video the wife made from our 2 week honeymoon in Costa Rica. Enjoy.
hippie in training i see.

good job.

i could go there if i were guaranteed it would be 70 degrees year round and no humididty....

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Motivation slowly kicking in this week. For the weekend...

I'd happily be a Mr. Mom if my wife made lots of cash. Alas, she does not.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I seem to have left home without any sort of bank card, credit card or ID. Interesting.

Also saw someone get arrested on the side of the road this morning. Not a good way to start the day.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning lovelies! I did a hard ride yesterday afternoon but I wouldn't know it...feel fine today. I think I'll mix it up and swim today. I have nothing of value to report.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I don't carry any of that probably 90% of the time.:banana:
Don't you walk to work, though?

I rolled in late to work because I had to drop off a UPS package. There are two drop boxes on campus. One is in a building almost on my way, even. The problem is that UPS decided that a great place to put this would be in the inside of the loading dock area in this particular building. That's an area that only maintenance people can get to! (someone let me in and out, else I'd have been stuck.) Strong work, UPS.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Mornin!

For those stuck in the throes of winter I present to you the video the wife made from our 2 week honeymoon in Costa Rica. Enjoy.

Awesome, I have some friends who go to Costa Rica every Christmas and have been doing so for years, they have nothing but positive things to say about their experiences.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey came in super late last night and is taking off super early tomorrow. Nice to have at least a 1-day break though.

I let Haley dress herself yesterday and got commentary from Wifey about it. Grey pants with neon flowers down the legs, blue skirt with pastel flowers, and pink and grey Santa Cruz baseball shirt. Apparently that is unacceptable to Wifey. WTF?! She's not even 4. Who f*ing cares?

Otherwise, work.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wifey came in super late last night and is taking off super early tomorrow. Nice to have at least a 1-day break though.

I let Haley dress herself yesterday and got commentary from Wifey about it. Grey pants with neon flowers down the legs, blue skirt with pastel flowers, and pink and grey Santa Cruz baseball shirt. Apparently that is unacceptable to Wifey. WTF?! She's not even 4. Who f*ing cares?

Otherwise, work.
that would never cut it in a banana republic ad

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Running is terrible.

However, teaching the boy to ride his 2 wheeler has gotten me to jog more than I have in years. I'm not nearly as unfit as I would have thought cardio-wise, but running just hurts. Right knee, shins... it's just awful.

It's cheap and gets the job done though, I suppose.

HR folks love it, I hear.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Running is terrible.

However, teaching the boy to ride his 2 wheeler has gotten me to jog more than I have in years. I'm not nearly as unfit as I would have thought cardio-wise, but running just hurts. Right knee, shins... it's just awful.

It's cheap and gets the job done though, I suppose.

HR folks love it, I hear.
I have been trail running at lunch for the past year. So much easier on the body.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This is why I'm switching to Xterra races. Running on dirt.
To be fair I don't think the dirt has as much to do with it as the terrain. Dodging rocks and roots forces you to run differently, shorter strides on the ball of your foot. When I ran on flat smooth dirt it hurt just as much as pavement.