Sep 21, 2001
^
regaining your 1000 yard stare?

read thread title as trumpderp....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
It figures; I walked into the office last night and there was a notice that there is a staff meeting tonight. I am leaving right after shift to head to an EMT stand by a couple of hours away. CEO knows I was going. Guess who is not attending the staff meeting? Ops Mgr who sheduled it can blow me

In other news I must be slipping::bonk: I have been up 40 minutes and am just getting around to making coffee:eek:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
When I look at my calendar today, :bonk:.

Last night's ride was hot, humid and not very fast. I shall fix that tonight as the temperatures have backed off the recent highs significantly.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Last night's auto work was a good reminder that there are few problems an angle grinder and cut off disc can't solve. Weeeeee!!!!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey you guys WOW! Another day, another swim before work. 2500 yards done.

I think last night was the first time I've had a bike workout in 93 degree heat. I mean sure, I've ridden plenty in those temps, but I've never had to really hammer. Man, that heat really drains energy from the legs. :dead:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Riding trip to Revelstoke starts....NOW!

Well, actually, need to wake, dress and feed the kids and dump them off first before the wife gets back from night shift, but, you get the idea...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! I'm going to cut out of work early today to catch a trail ride, weekend weather is supposed to be low 60s with lots of rain, snow in the mountains. I blame Canada, it's their weather pattern, not mine.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Today I help my 31? or so year old brother in law move out of his mother's house. It's not as grim as it sounds, though:

He did live on his own in Boise for 8? years before this past year in Seattle, at least, working as the principal flautist of the Boise Symphony. This year was a trial year of sorts to see if he'd retain his position as associate principal flautist in the Seattle Symphony, and things are looking good on that front.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Today I help my 31? or so year old brother in law move out of his mother's house. It's not as grim as it sounds, though:

He did live on his own in Boise for 8? years before this past year in Seattle, at least, working as the principal flautist of the Boise Symphony. This year was a trial year of sorts to see if he'd retain his position as associate principal flautist in the Seattle Symphony, and things are looking good on that front.
Can he play stork style, like Ian Anderson?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
today is my friday. leaving tomorrow for raystown. buggered the tubeless on the rear wheel last night trying to adjust the valve stem, couldn't get the tire to reseat. many angry messages were sent to @HAB . This morning went to mess with it some before work, seated right up. go figure.

still have to pack, swap the bash on my chainguide, and a few minor details on bikes.

also ordered the last of the fittings & tubing I need for the new 10 gal brew setup. will be able to pipe hot wort straight from the brew kettle, through a chiller plate, and into the carboy. :headbang:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
today is my friday. leaving tomorrow for raystown. buggered the tubeless on the rear wheel last night trying to adjust the valve stem, couldn't get the tire to reseat. many angry messages were sent to @HAB . This morning went to mess with it some before work, seated right up. go figure.

still have to pack, swap the bash on my chainguide, and a few minor details on bikes.

also ordered the last of the fittings & tubing I need for the new 10 gal brew setup. will be able to pipe hot wort straight from the brew kettle, through a chiller plate, and into the carboy. :headbang:

Raystown PA?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkies! I'm going to cut out of work early today to catch a trail ride, weekend weather is supposed to be low 60s with lots of rain, snow in the mountains. I blame Canada, it's their weather pattern, not mine.
hey, i may have missed your response elsewhere, what did you think of the lagavulin?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Riding after work today with a few coworkers. Nothing super exciting, but it's close and it's exercise. Plus, three day weekend. It just seems like there's not enough time in a day anymore. I always seem to be continually running on minimal sleep, which sucks.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Riding after work today with a few coworkers. Nothing super exciting, but it's close and it's exercise. Plus, three day weekend. It just seems like there's not enough time in a day anymore. I always seem to be continually running on minimal sleep, which sucks.
hey, a while back you turned out that 20mm truing stand adapter for me. if you ever do a run of 15mm ones let me know.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I just moved a bunch of equipment into the shop and need to get everything wired up. After that, I should be able to knock a few out.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Sunday for me, back at it tomorrow. Gonna make some chocolate and chia seed protein bars later, get some shopping done, and drop off info at the bank in order to start the house buying process.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
also, my kid is 16 months now. generally i ride once a week. this weekend trip is me and a bunch of other dads in my neighborhood. we've encouraged our wives and kids to hang out together while we're gone.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
well, i see your problem. that's not a bike.
LOL, so true, but man she loves this sport a lot. She works hard in school to get average grades but man she gets on the back of that horse and she knows each and every little detail of the course she's competing on and what she needs to do. It's been an amazing thing to watch. She did ask me 2 days ago to go Mtn Biking so I'll take her this weekend.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

My lady finally had enough of her bosses BS and decided it was time to move on. She was offered a job yesterday so she decided to give her notice at lunch. Because of the timing of things, she was going to be nice and give them 3 weeks rather than just the usual 2. The response was not only epic, but sadly what was expected.

How could she be so inconsiderate to leave before they go on European vacation next month!?!? She knew they have been planning this trip since last years trip. I mean, it would be nice if the wife and I could have taken a vacation, or even a honeymoon, but since she hasn't gotten a raise at all in 10+ years, her check hasn't kept pace with reality.

The new gig pays the same and she will be working fewer hours, but the stress level difference will be HUGE. She was expected to not only clean teeth, but also find $2k worth of "treatment" every day to recommend. Now she can focus on what the needs of the patient are and not the business bottom line.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Amazing how better things work when you are sober.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
And still raining here. Looks like a relaxing day of nothing for me, which I'm okay with. Long ass drive home tomorrow.

Now to venture to the grocery store and embarrass myself by not speaking French. :rofl: