Quantcast

#%& Thursderp GMT&%#

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
yo yo yo dawg.

Was at work until 8pm last night doing a migration of sorts. Back in early to take care of any issues. Man oh man is it nice when shit goes smoothly and there are no people complaining. Knock on wood...:busted:

Going to leave early today and perhaps put my broken bike back together and go for a quick ride. Not enough riding has been done this week.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Two craploads of meetings today, I plan to escape the slave galley early and do some awesome fall riding before the sunset.
Also, I am ready for moar beer.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Back in to office after a week of vacation followed by two days at a conference. Conference was at Seven Springs and I broke my brake by smashing into a tree two days before, so I couldn't bring my bike.

Vacation was awesome and I want to go back. View of the Great Range from Giant Mountain:

rsz_giant.jpg

Avalanche Lake from the north end of Avalanche Pass:

rsz_avalanchelake.jpg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

No raccoon related hi jinx to report this morning. Or anything at all really other than I think it's time to build the screw around bike back up and hit the dirt jump park and pump track this winter. All it needs is a stem and bar. Anyone have anything suitable laying around they want to get rid of? I don't need anything fancy as it is a Walmart Mongoose special.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning monkies! Back from Billings to apply my new found operational knowledge. Inspect what you expect is our current catch phrase.

So, if you expect beer... inspection will be required, dont just read the label. Do what it takes to ensure said beer is a quality product. One sample is not enough to gaurantee uniform product.

Conferences are fun.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So there is the Sarbanes–Oxley Act of 2002(aka SOX) and it is currently making my life interesting. I had never heard about this thing until 2 weeks ago. This should be fun. :rofl:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Foliage season is approaching its peak and the scenery is not terrible to look at, if you like that sort of thing. I will say though that I can do without the acorns attacking me from above during my runs. Speaking of which, I rolled out of bed at ass-early o'clock this morning for a masters swim workout. I have to pee really bad right now, so I should probably go address that.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:wave:

Chased a Tylenol PM with a double of whiskey last night. I am having an incredibly difficult time getting things into motion this morning.
dude. TPM sucks. messes with me as well. switch to melatonin. seriously. it's the only thing i've found that doesn't make me all wonky when i wake up, or give me night terrors.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
There is supposed to be an epic storm this weekend so we will head to the coast to watch it in 3D.
The weather people are saying the storm could be the worst storm to hit WA since the 60s, ripe with destructification.

edit: holy crap. snow forecast for Mt. Baker....
Today
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 25. Breezy, with a south southeast wind 15 to 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 15 to 21 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Steady temperature around 18. Windy, with a south wind 21 to 26 mph increasing to 29 to 34 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 34 to 40 inches possible.
Friday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 22. Breezy, with a southwest wind 23 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 20 to 26 inches possible.
Friday Night
Snow showers. Low around 18. South wind 17 to 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible.
Saturday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 25. Windy, with a south wind 16 to 21 mph increasing to 27 to 32 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Snow. Low around 18. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 11 to 17 inches possible.
Sunday
Snow showers. High near 24. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Morning Monkeys.

So there is the Sarbanes–Oxley Act of 2002(aka SOX) and it is currently making my life interesting. I had never heard about this thing until 2 weeks ago. This should be fun. :rofl:
Dude.

You might as well bend over and apply the lube yourself.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Mornin!

No raccoon related hi jinx to report this morning. Or anything at all really other than I think it's time to build the screw around bike back up and hit the dirt jump park and pump track this winter. All it needs is a stem and bar. Anyone have anything suitable laying around they want to get rid of? I don't need anything fancy as it is a Walmart Mongoose special.
I may have some stem/bar crap in my bike box...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Argh the job interview I was supposed to go to in Denmark got turned into a Skype interview and then I got turned down for the job. The recruiter was driving me insane his ability to communicate was appalling. Oh well on to the next opportunity.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Argh the job interview I was supposed to go to in Denmark got turned into a Skype interview and then I got turned down for the job. The recruiter was driving me insane his ability to communicate was appalling. Oh well on to the next opportunity.
bummer dude.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
I blew off work a little bit early yesterday to sneak in a ride before I had to pick up my daughter. I am fortunate enough to be able to ride trails from my shop. You do have to hit 2 miles of road to connect 2 trail networks together. I don't mind spinning on the road if it saves me having to drive to ride.
When I was heading back to work to get my car, some little punk buzzed me on the road. His mirror went above my hand. There were no other cars coming in the other direction. He either wasn't paying attention or was trying to impress the girl he was driving around. I was a little pissed at this point and was on a slight downhill, so I started to sprint after him. He had to wait for traffic to turn off the road and I caught him. The look on his face of total fear when I started yelling at him that he almost killed me was priceless. He claims to not have seen me. If that is the case, then he needs glasses. I guess it all fun and games until the big bearded cyclist is screaming in your face.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
dude. TPM sucks. messes with me as well. switch to melatonin. seriously. it's the only thing i've found that doesn't make me all wonky when i wake up, or give me night terrors.
I've had good luck with night time cold/cough pills, waiting about 30 minutes and then hitting the shed. Whether I like it or not, that'll make me fall asleep. Deep sleep too, the sun is the only thing that wakes me up after that.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I rode in today slowly but in high style, with hi viz riding pants and hi viz shoe booties on. I know, you're envious. It's natural.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The weather people are saying the storm could be the worst storm to hit WA since the 60s, ripe with destructification.

Today
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 25. Breezy, with a south southeast wind 15 to 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 15 to 21 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Steady temperature around 18. Windy, with a south wind 21 to 26 mph increasing to 29 to 34 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 34 to 40 inches possible.
Friday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 22. Breezy, with a southwest wind 23 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 20 to 26 inches possible.
Friday Night
Snow showers. Low around 18. South wind 17 to 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible.
Saturday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 25. Windy, with a south wind 16 to 21 mph increasing to 27 to 32 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Snow. Low around 18. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 11 to 17 inches possible.
Sunday
Snow showers. High near 24. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.
Mr Math says this is an estimated 8.5 to 11.5 FEET of snow over a 3 day period. absolutely bonkers.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Today
Tonight
Friday
Friday Night
Saturday
Saturday Night
Sunday

Holy crap, I didn't know it was going to be this epic. The wifey just said "I hear there is a good storm this weekend, we should head to the coast rather than the gorge." Then after I read this, I looked it up on weather.com and wow, looks like fun.

How a Remnant Typhoon Could Bring a Destructive Windstorm to the Pacific Northwest

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
lol bmw drivers

Total ass hats. Side note, I almost got side swiped by a Lexus driver cutting into traffic from an exit lane at the last minute. Car behind him went full ABS too. Thank FSM for dash cams.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Infiniti drivers are the worst, though. It is known.

:D