Quantcast

@@@@Thursderp GMT@@@@

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
What's the planned route for 2-Elk? Gonna climb up Vail and hit any of the "alternate endings"?

Ooh - finish with Meadow Mountain/Whiskey Creek?
Just a simple up Game Creek, Grand Traverse, down Two Elk, Wasn't overly fussed by two elk, once the descent started the top open section was meh, the lower section was too narrow and rocky with high consequences for a pedal clip or mistake.

23miles, 4060ft.

Now to decide what to ride tomorrow...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
finally got car back. looking it over at home...they put the wrong sized tire on the front. :panic: 225/45 instead of 225/50. they're gonna fix that...

took 7yo to get new shoes. he was stoked. now cooking meatballs and drinking a pernicious. maybe bike ride with teh kid after...

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
welp, my ride was not very fun (long climbs, no descents - how does that even work???) and I forgot my phone at a pub 21 miles from home. I feel dumb, but at least they have it. hopefully my wife will acquiesce to go get it tomorrow...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
my plan is to leave for San Juan Bautista as soon as I get off work tomorrow with the camper. Med gear check, food, check, uniforms check, road bike check. water tanks full black and grey tanks empty check. truck fueled up..oh crap nope had to drive out and fill it, Friday afternoon will be a zoo at the cheap stations so tonight it was.