Quantcast

***Thursderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Coffee, then run. I believe I have a household of teacher kids today as teachers are back in school, yet the kids are not. Since I'm off today, I got voluntold to watch a bunch of kids. :twitch:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Water - I thought I was getting sick but I think I have just been dehydrated. Denmark has never been hotter og drier than it is currently. I found out drinking a cocktail after work did not help either - life is boring :-)

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Got woken up at 4:20 AM by some massive thunderstorms that rolled thru. I wondered if it was a sign from @FSM to wake and bake? I passed at that notion due to being a boring adult that had to go to work in a few hours.

Bikes in the woods tonight. Might be a little slick, but that's ok.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I ran 60 minutes on the high school track yesterday afternoon during the hottest part of the day, which is when I do most of my running. 95 heat index, 72 dew point, with full sun. :dead: That was rough. 7 weeks until my Ironman and I need to prepare for the good possibility of a hot race, so I have not been avoiding the hot weather. 4000 yard swim done in the indoor pool this morning, which was much more pleasant.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
wheels are out on fedex truck for delivery, going to be performing SCIENCE this evening trying to seat them with the compressor

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.
Garbage is out and a short pedal around town done. I should have got up earlier and hit the trails while it's cool.
Work work work, shopping for rims, evening ride someplace. The beat goes on.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
wheels are out on fedex truck for delivery, going to be performing SCIENCE this evening trying to seat them with the compressor
Me too, although I purchased a $160 hand pump (lol) so that I can try to inflate tubeless tires at the trail head.

Side thought; leaving on trip tomorrow night destined for trails that are rox and out in the bush. Is it stupid to mount new tires and sealant and expect to not have to pump them up all the time? Maybe I should just leave the tires as-is until after the trip...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
First day of school today, then work, and a follow up call from last week's call. Tomorrow afternoon can't come fast enough.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Me too, although I purchased a $160 hand pump (lol) so that I can try to inflate tubeless tires at the trail head.

Side thought; leaving on trip tomorrow night destined for trails that are rox and out in the bush. Is it stupid to mount new tires and sealant and expect to not have to pump them up all the time? Maybe I should just leave the tires as-is until after the trip...
:panic:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
There is now a Jefferson, Madison, and Lincoln in Hannah's class. Am I missing something? Is the new trend in naming kids going after presidents?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
There is now a Jefferson, Madison, and Lincoln in Hannah's class. Am I missing something? Is the new trend in naming kids going after presidents?
There are a Clinton and Kennedy in Haley's class too.
Ill have to ask the wife about this. Though I suspect, this being Colorado Springs, that if a trend exists, it's more towards confederate generals and Politburo members.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
what entails custom ammo?
Couple different.

Some just want a particular projectile not offered as factory for their cartridge
Some is a full blown chronograph test to perfectly balance a cartridge/projectile/powder combination as well as custom sizing to fit the exact rifle
Some are looking for reduced recoil
A lot of what I make...... Is for bear defense

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Was up for sunrise yesterday and hiked to both of the tea houses in Banff yesterday. Was fine, but we’ve been robbed of the big mountain views by all the forest fire smoke hanging around. Drove through an active fire on the way here and the smoke was so thick it felt like we were in Dante's Peak.

On the plus side I got to see a real Canadian display of shit talking. Some barbs were exchanged before backs were slapped and sorreys were exchanged. :rofl:

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Morning,
Rode this morning with some guys from work. Took the new guy with us, he hadn't been on a bike in 16 years, and never on a MTB. Needless to say, he had a blast.

Someone brought in Brisket for Breakfast... i love this place.