Quantcast

***Thursderp GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Pretty sure I'll be getting an offer from the place I interviewed yesterday, it just remains to be seen how decent it is. Commute is longish at 45 minutes, which is certainly less than ideal.

Today I shall run some wires on the truck.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Lady friend found a lump of some sort in the older cat's mouth last night while giving him medication. We'll see how this pans out, but it's good that she is an RVT at a veterinary clinic..

So damn tired...but I am making tacos tonight, so it could be worse.

Lovely glow from space this morning.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Pretty sure I'll be getting an offer from the place I interviewed yesterday, it just remains to be seen how decent it is. Commute is longish at 45 minutes, which is certainly less than ideal.
Did the blazer and slacks help? :D Any chance the job is close to some trails? :brows: Dude, you have to stop avoiding us, a ride with the eastern mazzholes is in your stars sooner or later. :spartak:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Son is sick and I am not feeling great either. Highlight was a little time in the garden as I had to water some new plants as its been dry lately.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
i had to google that to make sure it was actually a thing.
Dude be riding one of these around by me all the time with matching reflective green suit. Reminds me of the new Bike Geek. Kids even laughed a little when they saw him. Dude is dedicated though, out pretty much every day loggin miles.

1579790933524.png

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Dude be riding one of these around by me all the time with matching reflective green suit. Reminds me of the new Bike Geek. Kids even laughed a little when they saw him. Dude is dedicated though, out pretty much every day loggin miles.

View attachment 140303
and thus begins a new chapter of the Encyclopedia Killtannica. can you obtain an image for reference? "Kermit the Treadmill"

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Not drinking so sleeping again. Had a detailed dream last night about buying a matte orange V10, and shuttling super fast steep trails with the shop owner afterward.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm trying to sell my beat up old dirt jumper for beans, and I can't believe how hard it is to move this thing for $100. The number of people who want me to ship this crooked ass, barely functional starter bike on my dime is TOO DAMN HIGH. One guy asked me to bring it to him in northern NH. I don't go to northern NH unless I have to. Who goes to NH voluntarily? Yeesh.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Day 2 of training, today is the "dedicated users" group of folks who could really give 2 shits about it. They all wish the company would hire me to do it, but the company has made it clear they can't afford me and would rather make folks who already work here do stuff. Problem is, some folks have been here for more than a decade and who knows when the last time they actually did something.

On a lighter note, I have 3 very promising phone interviews between now and Monday. Also found out that current companies "must move out by" date is sooner than the new spaces move in ready date. There was talk of trying to find a high school gym or maybe a warehouse to squat in until the new place is ready. :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just got one of those phone calls...

them: hey my printer isn't working, help!
me: is it turned on?
them: no.
me: ....
me: turn it on?
them: ok its on now. still not printing.
me: yep, confirmed its on and connected now. but dude the print head is lifted, you need to open the printer and close it.
them: wut.
me: open the printer and close thing blue thingy where the labels come out, ok.
them: ok its now closed.
me: yep.............but now there is no ribbon in the printer.
them: wut why not and how do I put that in?

hold on while I bang my head again this brick wall.

Just got one of those phone calls...

them: hey my printer isn't working, help!
me: is it turned on?
them: no.
me: ....
me: turn it on?
them: ok its on now. still not printing.
me: yep, confirmed its on and connected now. but dude the print head is lifted, you need to open the printer and close it.
them: wut.
me: open the printer and close thing blue thingy where the labels come out, ok.
them: ok its now closed.
me: yep.............but now there is no ribbon in the printer.
them: wut why not and how do I put that in?

hold on while I bang my head again this brick wall.
I'm glad I didn't have to spend too much time on that level of support.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Did the blazer and slacks help? :D Any chance the job is close to some trails? :brows: Dude, you have to stop avoiding us, a ride with the eastern mazzholes is in your stars sooner or later. :spartak:
It's in Wayland, so I'm not sure if theres anything around there?

And I'm not actively avoiding, at least not at the moment. I need to find my legs again so it's an actual ride and not you guys waiting for me while I puke in the bushes.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm glad I didn't have to spend too much time on that level of support.
It does suck sometimes. We run super lean so I'm the only IT person between two of our manufacturing facilities. Have a student who shuffles around and normally that'd be a job I'd send him out to do, but alas hes out visiting a naughty user who decided to click something named similar to "dontclickme.txt.exe".

:banghead:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

And I'm not actively avoiding, at least not at the moment. I need to find my legs again so it's an actual ride and not you guys waiting for me while I puke in the bushes.
that's right near where I live, brodiglione. Decent riding in waltham and mediocre riding in Framingham at Cutler park.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This Coronavirus page really looks like the Pandemic game. They didn't get into Greenland or Madagascar before the alarm was raised, so full extinction is going to be hard.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

that's right near where I live, brodiglione. Decent riding in waltham and mediocre riding in Framingham at Cutler park.
LLF is only a short drive north from there.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Mornin!

Today I shall run some wires on the truck.
That seems like a good excuse to buy an electric car!

I bike commuted in today with my brain filled with new insights from the past few weeks: I now appreciate said commute as a chance to log zone 2 hours in order to adapt my mitochondria to fat oxidation at progressively increasing objective power outputs over time.

See Alan Couzen's blog if this intrigues your brain as well.

:nerd:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
mornin’ sunshines.
im gonna sit on my ass, hope the internet works (thanks, Iran!), and take one of my kid’s adderalls because I’m bored, and I have gained a few pounds in a week.
zoom, zoom!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Thoughts of the morning:
  1. Writing cover letters sucks ass.
  2. Why is this employer asking me to write a Tweet about myself?
Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 9.48.09 AM.png

Clearly I am going to tell them I've completed the Baja 1000 in a mostly-stock 1970 VW Beetle. Duh.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I just googled this and saw one going for $8k. The one they were riding was much nicer.

edit: I'm positive this cost more than the garage-queen Miata I bought a few months ago.
An older couple on my street have a recumbent tandem, the have a rather large trailer they need to transport it anywhere.