Quantcast

***Thursderp GMT***

Are you fucking with me or not? I'm too stupid to be able to tell. I painted some pedals once, took my time, added primer first- white. Then I added my fluoro yellow top coat and it came out gloppy and construction yellow instead of fluoro. I stripped them and now they are some sort of Urban construction worker camouflage. I've had luck with other things, but spray is relatively permanent and I only want to proceed if it'll be useable
Spray just until dimples disappear. Start spraying before pointing at the object and stop when you're past it. If you're not confident, practice on some lunk of metal that you don't care about.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Are you fucking with me or not? I'm too stupid to be able to tell. I painted some pedals once, took my time, added primer first- white. Then I added my fluoro yellow top coat and it came out gloppy and construction yellow instead of fluoro. I stripped them and now they are some sort of Urban construction worker camouflage. I've had luck with other things, but spray is relatively permanent and I only want to proceed if it'll be useable
Not at all. This has worked great for me. I've only used opaque paints though.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yeah this is just flat black. It should mask everything, and it's unlikely to come in contact with anything....it just sits out front, no cables and no flapping around...hmmm

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
yeah this is just flat black. It should mask everything, and it's unlikely to come in contact with anything....it just sits out front, no cables and no flapping around...hmmm
If it's a small part and you spray too much, you can rotate it around on its axis to keep the paint from dripping while the solvents evap. Do your prep!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That instruction on the can for multiple light coats is bullshit. It'll look like garbage. What you want to do is paint it until it's just about to run, then let it cure. It will probably take days to cure, you can smell it. But it's tricky to get lots of paint that will flow and not run. You can always pitch the bastard in some paint thinner and try again.
When I used to rattle can bmx stuff... Sand then primer.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I met this elderly women at the Community Center. I pull her around in the Pool. Her Board has a rope on it. She loves it. Giggles and smiles at me all the while. She dives off the diving board, and I dive in after her and pull her to the ladder. Its a good workout. She is 88 and swims like a fish. The folks there have waived my Membership fee this year. Free Pool until March of next year.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
and thus begins a new chapter of the Encyclopedia Killtannica. can you obtain an image for reference? "Kermit the Treadmill"
I will do my best. Guy sports those rear view mirrors that hang from the helmet as well.