Quantcast

***Thursderp GMT***

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I got up to do a first-ever before-work MTB.

Rain, blech. None at the house but my local buddies said the mountain is a no-go.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
hey lol. I got up early to get my 7 mile run done before the heat index hits 110 later (fts). Still, 75 degrees with a 74 dew point is pretty awful for a run. Dropped New Dog off at daycare. We pull into the parking lot and she goes ape shit in the car.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey ho hey ho

apparently knocked my phone to the ground this morning, so I didn't wake up early enough to get a real ride in...so I did the zwifty thing and raced some Czech dude who probably wasn't racing me back, but it made for a fun 40 minutes. I'm enjoying that thing enough to think about investing the appropriate money to put the real bike on it.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Morning, Could have used another 3-4 hours of sleep. Espresso is exceptionally dark this morning which is exactly what is needed to attack the cobwebs of my brain. Another day of 100* temps at home so I'm glad my runs will be bayside where it should be some ten to fifteen degrees cooler.

I have about 30 minutes of work left to reconnect the RV fridge electrical then fire the sucker up and see if it works.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Got up this morning at fyevayem to go ride my bike. AQI was below 100 for the 1st time this week, so we decided to take the chance. Sunrise was still REALLY orange and the haze was visible... but it sure was good to pedal.

Now work. FTS. :disgust:
Today is the first day I've been able to see Pikes Peak from the airport since last weekend.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
@Pesqueeb bat signal

Tickets are still available for the first night of the run: Wednesday, August 18, at the Black Sheep in Colorado Springs.

ETA: I'm not mentally ready for indoor shows, I saw them in Billings with the ~ 25 Goats fans in MT prepandemic...

I chatted there with a youngster who wasn't born when I saw my first show in Claremont CA '92 at Munchies...

IMG_20190830_233932338.jpg

IMG_20190830_233746574.jpg

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
@Pesqueeb bat signal

Tickets are still available for the first night of the run: Wednesday, August 18, at the Black Sheep in Colorado Springs.

ETA: I'm not mentally ready for indoor shows, I saw them in Billings with the ~ 25 Goats fans in MT prepandemic...

I chatted there with a youngster who wasn't born when I saw my first show in Claremont CA '92 at Munchies...

View attachment 163342

View attachment 163343
Saw that the other day, but I appreciate the heads up. Tempting, but I kind of agree with you on not ready to be in enclosed spaces with strangers. The Black Sheep was a great place to pick up teh Cootie, before COVID. I'm actually really surprised that place survived.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. No calendar events at all today, and my HRV tracker told me to take it easy today

so I will.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ugh. Its been over a year since I replaced the guy at this building and I'm still dealing with stuff in his wake. One manager's laptop had its drive locked with bitlocker this morning. And yep, of course, the key to unlock the drive is absolutely nowhere to be found.

Also didn't bring a lunch to work and can't really be bothered to leave to get something. Great day!

dammit.

Coffee it now!

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Post office always delivers our stuff at about 2pm.

Tracking for something I was expecting today just got updated saying at 10:13 there was no secure location and a notice was left. AKA they couldn't be arsed to even put the package on the van to deliver it today.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
friend broke wrist falling out of bed being drunk....

same friend who got her ass kicked at a dui checkpoint last year...

some people should quit while behind....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
all the way from japan....jiro inagaki & his soul media....giddy...

20210812_162837.jpg

might finally inspire me to finally buy some speakers and a record player....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Wait you don't even have a turntable? I think you might be a hoarder
i blame covid for about 75 percent of purchases....

that and i have had a tuner sliding around in the back of the sw for about half a year...

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Sounds like the hood has a neighbor that definitely doesn't want those damn kids on their lawn.

It's funny, I know exactly what street/area they are talking about, and its a perfect place for exactly that sort of activity. Somebody needs to get their home TP'd, and those cops maybe outta focus on doing something actually productive if they are that concerned about "safety". Like, maybe some actual enforcement of traffic laws.

Also; Fuck the Gazette in its every form, print, digital, but especially on mobile. That fascist fucking rag isn't fit to light my god-damned BBQ.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Had a good ride today. Hot as balls. No Bugs. Hero dirt here. Bridge from the apartments collapsed. Shored it up with some rocks. Random guy showed up to help me. Finished the ride with him. He was fast. I was not.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
powered through a bunch of work stuff and home chores. even got in a short ride with the kiddo. prepped for early snowshoe departure tomorrow. stoke level is high.