Quantcast

***Thursderp GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Knocked out an oil change and tire rotation on the wife's car last night after work. Still gotta do spark plugs, belts, and a rear brake job on her car at some point though.

Saw a mouse the other night, so the war begins anew. I get the feeling the wiley ones know to avoid the traps. Can't have mice and a baby.

S'posed to rain all day... :popcorn:
Same here. Could probably use it though.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I echo the rain comments...we've gotten 2.14 inches the past six hours according to the NWS. It'll be tapering down though over the next few hours, at which point I'll head out for what will be a miserably humid run.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
I was unable to access this fine internet establishment at work yesterday, and as a result was unreasonably productive. The 'monkey is back, so the plan is to make up for all that bullshit for fuckit Friday (thuckit Thursday?).

Also, my boss cancelled his planned vacation day today and is working. Current status of our group:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
in the northern ga mtns for a quick trip before school starts. same cabin as last year. did a quick hike on the way over yesterday. all the blue ridge mtns got pounded with 6 - 10 inches of rain day before last so everything is super humid and creeks are high. should be lots of mushrooms!

for peeps who have been there, rain was so bad they had to evacuate the davidson river campground in brevard on weds. first time i can recall that.

hike today. trout fishing and paddling tomorrow. woof.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Present, unsure just how present

Wow... the number of campgrounds located in floodplains has always been of interest to me.
Building permanent structures in flood plains has obvious downsides. Temporarily allowing wheeled structures to park there knowing the owners of said structures probably won't want to park there during the kind of weather than makes floodplains all floodish works out pretty well.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Present, unsure just how present

Building permanent structures in flood plains has obvious downsides. Temporarily allowing wheeled structures to park there knowing the owners of said structures probably won't want to park there during the kind of weather than makes floodplains all floodish works out pretty well.

Finally a proper reason for this

:flood:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I get an amusing break from work for an unknown period of time now. Comp has been super slow with memory issues forcing restart issues and programs shutting offs. System nightly defrag decided to stay scheduled but hasn't run in apparently 2yrs. It's now on its 11th cycle, 20min in, and still not done - saying 18%. At this pace I'm not working for another 1:20. Guess it's time to build Haley's new dresser?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Eviction day dinner with my best friend last night.
Head played nice and I totally blew out the diet.
Prime Rib, Baked potato, 'shrooms, too much Cab Sauv and some mocha ice cream to tie it all together.

My kidneys are not happy with me today.
Nice back-ache, just think my ride may be tomorrow...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Found out last night that I will be giving a short wedding speech in Spanish for my best Peruvian friend next spring. My Spanish is “O.K.”, but this will be the first time I address a crowd formally. 250 people. Should be intimidating and fun, kind of!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Found out last night that I will be giving a short wedding speech in Spanish for my best Peruvian friend next spring. My Spanish is “O.K.”, but this will be the first time I address a crowd formally. 250 people. Should be intimidating and fun, kind of!

When I was backpacking in Iceland most of the other people on the trail were from Europe. I had never heard a Spanish spoken with a Spanish accent before. Found it rather amusing to greet Spanish passers-by with the thickest Northern Mexican accent I could muster.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
for peeps who have been there, rain was so bad they had to evacuate the davidson river campground in brevard on weds. first time i can recall that.
Oof, wife and I have NC as about plan C or D for our vacation next month if the smoke out west is too shitty to get in lots of riding. That would likely have been the planned CG. (I would put up the monkey signal if we did decide to head that way)

I get an amusing break from work for an unknown period of time now. Comp has been super slow with memory issues forcing restart issues and programs shutting offs. System nightly defrag decided to stay scheduled but hasn't run in apparently 2yrs. It's now on its 11th cycle, 20min in, and still not done - saying 18%. At this pace I'm not working for another 1:20. Guess it's time to build Haley's new dresser?
What kind of bullshit computer do you have without a solid state drive?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Oof, wife and I have NC as about plan C or D for our vacation next month if the smoke out west is too shitty to get in lots of riding. That would likely have been the planned CG. (I would put up the monkey signal if we did decide to head that way)

What kind of bullshit computer do you have without a solid state drive?
Fuck if I know. A work one?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
When I was backpacking in Iceland most of the other people on the trail were from Europe. I had never heard a Spanish spoken with a Spanish accent before. Found it rather amusing to greet Spanish passers-by with the thickest Northern Mexican accent I could muster.
Are you saying I should pepper the speech with ‘Pinches’ y ‘Cabrones’, and slur My words? Sounds like solid advice.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
in the northern ga mtns for a quick trip before school starts. same cabin as last year. did a quick hike on the way over yesterday. all the blue ridge mtns got pounded with 6 - 10 inches of rain day before last so everything is super humid and creeks are high. should be lots of mushrooms!

Mt. Mitchell State Park is closed as is most of the Blue Ridge Parkway around Asheville. Most of the town of Canton got flooded. And Pisgah National Forrest is closed.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Peaches, when they are good, are so effing good, like the one I just had. I was not expecting that when I bit into it. :drool:. 99 cents a pound too... May need to go buy more.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Educate me please?
Old HDD's were platters of iron filings spinning around with a head that read the data - a bit like a record player.
Solid state drives are just that, chips with no moving parts and a lot faster.

What does device manager show for your disk drive?

Capture.JPG

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC

If you the know the fish hatchery all the trout got washed out. Places in Rosman and northern Transylvania County got 17”. Crazy, gonna be some trail work ahead.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Tornado warning for the areas NE of me, @Nick duck and cover!

edit: and golf ball sized hail, good luck :D