Quantcast

Thursdonk GMT

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Guess I'll start it in the middle of the night for US monkeys.

First 2 months working in a real corporation. This is strange. People are cool but the amount of stuff to do that isn't really work is staggering. Still stressed since my trial period ends in a month and I had to spend a month on non "show us what you got" mode when everybody got overwhelmed with work so basically I have 1 month to prove myself. Too stressed to ride my bike because of that. Though a broken little toe is a good excuse (yay kayaking).

Still life is good. Lodged a friend who has broken his collarbone who did the same for me once. Will probably go and visit the local pump track pizza place (yes my local pumptrack has grown into a pizza place bike shop pump track) today so I don't feel like a stupid hipster only riding my beat up road bike around town (strava is evil, makes you arrive sweaty as shit everywhere).

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Another early day. Have to stop by the office, which is the cause of my early day, because my efax doesn't work. I just want to fucking sleep.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning roffle! I was pedaling the tri bike at 5:35 this morning. :dead: It was 56 degrees...had to wear long sleeves and gloves! 20 miles done on tired legs, thanks to last night's run.

Re: the bald thread, I've actually decided to do the opposite this winter and let my hair grow out, just to see what it looks like. I expect a very thick and bushy head of hair that goes in all directions. I also expect it to be very grey. Normally I tell my hair lady to cut it as short as she can go with a pair of scissors.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I saw on the ‘gram that @Heidi rode Sheep Creek, per the recommendations of the Colorado Monkey Contingent.
@Heidi, if you're still in that 285 area, go ride Kenosha Pass to West Jefferson.

Was going to head to Keystone for some DH today, but the monsoon storms are forecast to start at midday :/

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Most excellent group ride last night. One dude who had not come out in two weeks had to bail halfway, due to impending death (could see it in his ghost eyes). I tried to extend the ride a few more kilometers, but got vetoed by someone.

Our group ran into another group twice. The second time occurred on this sandy switchbacked steep hill; we were headed down and they were going up. We all stopped and let half their guys go by, but then the other half of their group just stood down lower and yelled "just go!". So we went.......came around a turn and jumped off a log only to discover that they were standing in the middle of the trail like a bunch of deer caught in headlights. Derp, three of us almost ran them over.

In other news, the dog enjoyed some watermelon this morning.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Trying to convince myself that moving to SLO is dumb, because it is. But man, I sure did like the central coast. I also like being able to afford things though.

Oh well, dog needs walked. Might go ride or maybe even run. Ski season approaches, time to get off my fat, lazy, old ass.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
long weekend in Maine next weekend. considering tacking on an extra day (or just jamming it in my current schedule) to head down to Acadia for some hiking. would be camping at least one night. although i do hate going there during peak season.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
On the hook for studies done until 10:30 AM, so I'm hoping to be out the door at 10:31.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I keep forgetting we really only have two seasons in Colorado: winter and road construction. And that we are smack dab in the middle of the latter.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
There is still SHITLOADS of snow up high in sheltered areas of the mountains. Fucking ridonkadonk.

Work still sucks.

Had to go out to the airport this morning to get the youngest from his Michi-holiday. Fucking people crashing into each other... :disgust:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Still some snow on the leeward side of Loveland pass.

Also just had someone riding a rigid plus bike go into the lift line at Keystone.

That's a hard nope from me.