Quantcast

>.<Thursdumpus GMT>.<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
another 29* morning....heater is on in the camper to keep the waterlines from freezing. get off work at noon so riding may occur..... Coffee is hitting the spot.... Have a great day, go forth and piss off someone who needs a karma slap...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Leaving for Jackson tomorrow. Work from the road on the way, then four (4) days skiing, then head home. Supersuckers 30th anniversary tour rolling through Colorado after that, gonna catch them in Steamboat on the 12th. That should be a fun show. Sleepiness is the shame in my game this morning.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Taken a long break from the bike and gotten fat. I have signed up for the 215Km gravel ride in April again so I have signed up for a fitness club membership yesterday and got my first spinning class today. Its just too cold and to dark for me to ride during the week so this is my solution for now. Not ideal but no sign up fee so I will give it a shot and its 5 houses up from my house and open all the time.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Thursday that feels like Wednesday freaks me out. Light schedule today, might be productive.

I still haven't ridden my bike with the newish fork other than around the block. Hope to take the pooch out this weekend and get some woods time. The RV is taking a lot if my "free" time.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Woke up early for the first time in a couple of weeks. it's ride night, so that sucks. but it's ride night, so I have something to look forward to. there's also fresh snow, and it won't be too cold. should be nice.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
also, drove my wife's car today. forgot that i locked my desk drawers where my aeropress is. this is a problem because my desk drawer key is on the keychain with my car keys. so i had to resort to drinking office coffee. it is terrible.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Started my day off early with a signage presentation for about 40 people at our local business group meeting, then walked out the door, put on mud boots and installed two post and panel signs in the pouring rain. Taa-daaa! Here I am. And now, I see it's also coming up on lunch, so I'll creatively loaf for a good ten minutes and snag a pork sammich.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
also, drove my wife's car today. forgot that i locked my desk drawers where my aeropress is. this is a problem because my desk drawer key is on the keychain with my car keys. so i had to resort to drinking office coffee. it is terrible.
:fie: I have an espresso machine, a grinder, and a personal stash of coffee at the office.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Apple just lost a Facebook over the last 3 months. :shocked: No over valuation at all...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
my favorite part for blaming lost sales was end users getting cheap battery replacements

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Yeah. They just acknowledged that the only reason they had such high sales is because they were preventing people from being able to repair their devices. Uh... yeah.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got an email from our compliance group, where the junior guy (who's 50) accused me of not handling a portfolio's implementation properly. Got to write a nastygram with his bosses cc'd laying out exactly how our software actually works and how if I had done what he is accusing me of doing incorrectly, would have royally fucked up this person's account and led to a pretty substantial error. Not only that, it's a large client that we would have had to deal with the employer about our fuck up. Adding to the fact that what he was saying I should have done would have made no difference in the portfolio that had been assembled, he was entirely wrong with every aspect of his email.

If you're going to accuse somebody of doing something wrong, to the extent that it will reduce their comp, you better damn well know what you are talking about. The training program that he went through to have a part of his position is one that I wrote. I know for a fact this specific topic is red flagged because of the amount of errors it's caused in the past. If you are going to challenge the guy who wrote the fucking training manual, you damn well better be fucking right and it should be on a legitimately unique situation, not a red flag issue that has it's own section in the manual.

Wasted 15min of my day having to layout why he was wrong, use screen grabs to prove his incorrect statements, then put together the email. I ran into the head of compliance on my way out. He commented that he saw my emails (I found multiple issues as I went deeper into his email) and just started laughing and shaking his head, then said he'd deal with it in the morning.