Quantcast

$$$ Thusly it ends$$$

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Slept funny the other night and my back has let me know ever since. Not a fan.

Gotta head into the office in a bit to turn over a laptop and have lunch with some coworkers. Ordinarily I'd be annoyed, but this puts me in close proximity to Vietnam, so maybe I'll have myself a leisurely pedal after.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Woke up at 5, DSO decided she wanted a nature break outside at 6...

I should ride bikes again today.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Up late, up early. Lot to do this am before leaving for weekend away without kids.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yo yo yo, what it do

second shot today, hope this one comes with Alexa. Finally I can order TP right from the pot.

In my frustration with work the other week, I sent out a few resumes. So far I am 2/4 for getting an interview. Now I have to deal with that nonsense :bad: Good to be wanted/good problem to have.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
got a new pillow. is comfy, not tossing and turning.

DH bike is coming back together nicely, pivot bearings installed last night, swingarm back on along with chainguide and cranks. just have to do drivetrain and rotors. another 24 hours of the wheels holding pressure without sealant. fun experiment, but I won't be riding them without sealant. on track to be ready to ride, so naturally the weather forecast is mid 50s and 60% chance of rain.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey-oh!! I got pulled over for speeding on my early morning drive to the pool this morning. 53 in a 35. Oopsies! The cop let me off with a warning, which was nice, because I would have just paid the bill. He also did not kill me, which was also nice, and unexpected.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hey-oh!! I got pulled over for speeding on my early morning drive to the pool this morning. 53 in a 35. Oopsies! The cop let me off with a warning, which was nice, because I would have just paid the bill. He also did not kill me, which was also nice, and unexpected.
3be0530625c8fe617aeacb41157012a0.jpg

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Finally back to myself after two days of 2nd dose nonsense; that Moderna is a real kick in the nuts.
Brake bleed and new pads for the Yeti tonight. Rain in the forecast for the next couple of days so probably some wet gravel in my future.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
present. not sure if accounted for.

was going to try for an early afternoon ride, but the to-do list for work keeps growing. maybe do something quick with the 11yo after i pick him up from school instead.

weather continues to be superb - mostly sunny with highs in 70s/80s and lows in 50s/60s. continuing for at least the next week, although chance of some rain mid-week next week. baller.

carry on with yo bad selfs.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
On the hunt to upgrade and consolidate my current drone and camera kits for a more robust but smaller package for on the bikes, boats and travels.

Looking like the DJI Air2 S is the drone for my needs (this year) and a Sony A7RIV and a A7SIII will be the bodies of choice for the next couple years.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I am anxiously waiting for an update from SC about having my frame shipped. The suspense is killing me.

Also, I played Rebecca Black in daily standup with great success - they did not outright murder me, which was nice.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Anybody ever played with an Oura ring? @Toshi?

I've mowed through a few wearables (Samsung Watch, Garmin Vivosmart) and find that my desire for notifications has gone down dramatically, and the health monitoring of a watch can be...iffy. The vivo sucks at HR and sleep tracking, which is primarily what i use it for now. Plus it registers ~10x the number of floors I climb (I'm up to 26 today). The Samsung was considerably better at everything, but it was also ginormous and charged slowly enough to be a problem (if I could fully charge it while getting ready in the morning, that would be A+). Anyways, having quality sleep tracking and overall HR support would be kind of cool, plus skipping notifications and having one less thing on my wrist would be AOK.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

I've mowed through a few wearables (Samsung Watch, Garmin Vivosmart) and find that my desire for notifications has gone down dramatically, and the health monitoring of a watch can be...iffy. The vivo sucks at HR and sleep tracking, which is primarily what i use it for now. Plus it registers ~10x the number of floors I climb (I'm up to 26 today). The Samsung was considerably better at everything, but it was also ginormous and charged slowly enough to be a problem (if I could fully charge it while getting ready in the morning, that would be A+). Anyways, having quality sleep tracking and overall HR support would be kind of cool, plus skipping notifications and having one less thing on my wrist would be AOK.
1620405268841.png

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Took advantage of a warm snap and floated derp lazy river.

Damn near high sided the Honda civic on the last snowbank I pushed through before walking the last 1/4 mile

Still the earliest I've ever floated and surprisingly enough the first tire tracks

Saw 7 swamp donkeys almost all yearlings / veal sized...

No moms, they must be getting ready for calving

You coloRADans can thank me for the snow

Headed to the land of love after a couple hundred miles of Wyoming and a detour to the hobo Hot Springs of lovely Saratoga Wyoming...

IMG_20210506_175352435.jpg

IMG_20210506_170322182.jpg

IMG_20210506_161341474_HDR_compress99.jpg
p
IMG_20210506_154133583_HDR_compress79.jpg

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Took advantage of a warm snap and floated derp lazy river.

Damn near high sided the Honda civic on the last snowbank I pushed through before walking the last 1/4 mile

Still the earliest I've ever floated and surprisingly enough the first tire tracks

Saw 7 swamp donkeys almost all yearlings / veal sized...

No moms, they must be getting ready for calving

You coloRADans can thank me for the snow

Headed to the land of love after a couple hundred miles of Wyoming and a detour to the hobo Hot Springs of lovely Saratoga Wyoming...

View attachment 159987

View attachment 159988

View attachment 159989pView attachment 159990
We should Monkeyfest crash your place soon. :D

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
And we are back into Fire Season....hills are brown with dry grass, Temps into the 90s, high winds,

They just issued a red fag warning for my area through Monday night. Winds up to 30 mph with gusts up to 60, high temps and low humidity . probability of stupid humans triggering fires is high

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Nope. I don't need more data. I do check my HRV near-daily with HRV4Training, though, and base my intensity off of that.

As detailed in my thread, I completed half of closing on Mountain Haus this morning, but KeyBank didn't have their shit together for all the paperwork so am headed back again this afternoon to wrap things up.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
ROCK SKIS.
I'm picking up some sweet new boots for my rock skis this afternoon...

Okay, not actually my "rock skis" but a sweet old pair of neon pink skinny long skis for spring party skiing. None of the boots I have work in the binders, and these joker-themed Flexons are period appropriate and 100% unsafe at any speed. Perfect. Now I just need a proper fartbag to go with my vintage OEM pink and blue tie-dyed Vision Street Wear fanny pack, a pair of Oakley Blades, and an 8-ball and I'll be all set for Loveland closing day on Sunday. Speaking of... @Nick you going up for closing day?

Can confirm it's a good time.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
You really should stop posting them to @AngryMetalsmith 's neighbour.
Just caught number 25.

I'm not into relocating, that's just making my problem someone else's and increases the risk of getting bit. While they are undeniably cute, Chipmunks can destroy your home and vehicles. Really didn't want to murder them in the beginning, but it has to be done. I am learning all of this the hard way, yay.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here.

Right to work first thing this AM, might slap some speakers in the Dajiban post-work, no more crackle-crackle-pop from the overrun OE paper 6x9's.

Need to finish frame notch to avoid axle-to-frame meetup, and front bangs on expansion joints..

Also, scored a monster turbo for it, might have to do that one weekend..

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Can confirm it's a good time.
Pooflingers always welcome.

@StiHacka and his missus are too fancy for my shitbox, they prefer dry camping off the grid in overpriced hotels

:Horns

Correlation =/= causality but my only monkey guests so far are you degenerate nonbreeders (@rideit honorary nonbreeder due to an even later start than me ;)

where are my fellow alcoholic parents in need of a chill vacation adjacent to paradise and a stones throw from the best biking in SWMT??