Quantcast

TI bolts

DH SB RIDER

Monkey
Aug 31, 2005
Santa Barbara
i have been told that Ti bolts shave 7 ounces off ur bike......if u have all your bolts converted to ti it will cost 345 bucks but its worth it right....well im going to get them tommow i think it will improve my time.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
DH SB RIDER said:
i have been told that Ti bolts shave 7 ounces off ur bike......if u have all your bolts converted to ti it will cost 345 bucks but its worth it right....well im going to get them tommow i think it will improve my time.

you are not serious, right ? Let go of your brakes and go out and ride.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
DH SB RIDER said:
7 ouces is roughly 200 grams. If you're going to be spending that much money for that little weight saving you better have a DH frame that's worthy of the 'upgrade'.

MisterMental

Monkey
Jul 26, 2002
UK
i heard that all the pros are spraying their rotors with teflon spray so they can hit corners faster, you could try that, failing that use some fork oil.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
We're all forgetting something here...

What's lighter than Ti bolts?
NO BOLTS! Buddy, try that for a while and let us know how much faster you become.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I can't believe how bent people get over some obviously light hearted (intended to provoke) questions.

I know these kids and benign is the best word I can think of to describe them. My advice is don't take them too seriously because they will just get a rise out of you. And once that happens they win and it perpetuates the cycle. If you think they are asking a dumb question just simply don't reply and then they will get bored and leave you alone.

Oliver, Zach, my advice to you is less internet and more bikey.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
okey dokey good idea yeah tell them, (your going to kill the fun for all of us)

MisterMental

Monkey
Jul 26, 2002
UK
ChrisRobin said:
We're all forgetting something here...

What's lighter than Ti bolts?
NO BOLTS! Buddy, try that for a while and let us know how much faster you become.
if you dont feel good enough to ride with no-bolts yet try some alu bolts theyre lighter than ti...

kajo

Chimp
Oct 8, 2004
Sweden -> malmö
I have Ti-bolts on my new 2005 v10. Actually I didn't know I had them before some1 told me that they where Ti. 7 ounces from your wheels will improve your riding much more than new bolts. I hope you where just joking cause that's redicalous spending over 300 on bolts...