Quantcast

Ti Drop bars

J

JRB

I have a Ti seat post and I really like it. I would like some damping from my bars, but don't really want carbon. (don't know why, it's on my mtb) I remember seeing some Ti bars in a catalog recently for like $80. Does anyone have any idea where that was? I can't recall.

Other options include ITM Millenium stem/bar or a Deda 215 bar.

Any input???

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Cheap fix #1 -- Lower your tire pressure to 100psi.

Cheap fix #2 -- Double wrap the bars -- 1st layer cloth; 2nd layer cork.

Cheap fix #3 -- Quit riding the road and sell it.

J

JRB

I am riding some WTB tires that only go to 100 lbs. I like them. Maybe I should do the cloth thing.

The Ti bars sound cool though. :D

Not sure I am going to Comfort this weekend. 900 miles this past weekend didn't really hit the spot if you know what I mean.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Cheap fix #4 -- move your saddle back a little... should transfer some weight from your hands to feet and butt.

J

JRB

Ok - I just wanted new bars and maybe a stem. Nevermind. I will get cloth and wrap and then re wrap.

LO - the saddle is back a good bit. I actually put the 20mm spacer on top last week and the bike felt really good in the mountains.

What was stupid is I could have borrowed a Trek 5200 that would have been lighter and had a triple, but remembered once I was home. D'oh.

I just like to tinker as much as I like to ride.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
loco-gringo said:
I have a Ti seat post and I really like it. I would like some damping from my bars, but don't really want carbon. (don't know why, it's on my mtb) I remember seeing some Ti bars in a catalog recently for like $80. Does anyone have any idea where that was? I can't recall.

Other options include ITM Millenium stem/bar or a Deda 215 bar.

Any input???
OH SWEET SWEET TI! let me know if you find them screw all those bastards going off topic!

J

JRB

Can't find the bars now Tony. I rode tonight and felt really good besides the tired calves from the weekend so me thinks I should leave it alone.

J

JRB

I can't find any. I put some Icon bars on for now that I had. They seem too flexy. I likely will order some 215s real soon.

J

JRB

The flex wasn't bad after a few miles. I really like the feel of the front of the drops for climbing. I may ride them for a while. I still think 215s are what I want.