Quantcast

Ti spring for 08 888

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
Hey was wondering if anywhere online has ti spring for 08 888 like the wc spring. Or if they are readily available from marz. I was told there are options and one is firmer than the regular steel.

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
I'm close to trying ghetto fixes, its not for me- but a customer. Also have the same problem for an 08 66. Its crap, been waitng 3 months!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I'm close to trying ghetto fixes, its not for me- but a customer. Also have the same problem for an 08 66. Its crap, been waitng 3 months!
same deal for my 66

me: "i'm not getting the sag I want for this fork, do you guys have plans to release a softer spring? And what about for lighter weight riders?"
guy at marz tent at sea otter: "just take oil out, you should be able to bottom out then"
me: "yes I know, but I want proper springrate, so that i'm getting more then 1% sag - i'm not having troubles with the damper"
guy at marz tent: "you can get full travel if you just take some oil out"
me: "yes, I know that. I'm well aware that adjusting oil level is necessary to get the damper working correctly to my weight. I am actually concerned with my springrate - i'm only getting 1% sag"

blahblahblah

:crazy:

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
so I assume I would be told to add oil? or change the weight? as I am heavier, I haven't gotten to really ride ride it yet, but comparing it to my previous 888 it seems like it may need to be stiffer. The sag on my bike does not seem to be a good indicator, all of my springs seem to sag the same, unless it was very soft.

same deal for my 66

me: "i'm not getting the sag I want for this fork, do you guys have plans to release a softer spring? And what about for lighter weight riders?"
guy at marz tent at sea otter: "just take oil out, you should be able to bottom out then"
me: "yes I know, but I want proper springrate, so that i'm getting more then 1% sag - i'm not having troubles with the damper"
guy at marz tent: "you can get full travel if you just take some oil out"
me: "yes, I know that. I'm well aware that adjusting oil level is necessary to get the damper working correctly to my weight. I am actually concerned with my springrate - i'm only getting 1% sag"

blahblahblah

:crazy:

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
so I assume I would be told to add oil? or change the weight? as I am heavier, I haven't gotten to really ride ride it yet, but comparing it to my previous 888 it seems like it may need to be stiffer. The sag on my bike does not seem to be a good indicator, all of my springs seem to sag the same, unless it was very soft.
What do you weigh ya Pig! The stock springs on the 08 World Cup come set up for a 200lb rider. Maybe the non world cup is softer but I doubt it. ...Last year I they got a lot of complaints about their forks being too soft so they made them really stiff this year.

I weigh 175 and finally after going two stages lighter than stock got the correct spring rate ...and it's not ti but now my fork works bitchin. Im sure you could get a world cup ultra stiff ti spring from Marz if you need it.

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
220ish, but i do know the wc comes with a firm or a soft the regular just has one spring weight that is in between them i will try to get the firm ti as long as it wont cost me an arm and a leg

What do you weigh ya Pig! The stock springs on the 08 World Cup come set up for a 200lb rider. Maybe the non world cup is softer but I doubt it. ...Last year I they got a lot of complaints about their forks being too soft so they made them really stiff this year.

I weigh 175 and finally after going two stages lighter than stock got the correct spring rate ...and it's not ti but now my fork works bitchin. Im sure you could get a world cup ultra stiff ti spring from Marz if you need it.

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
Where did you get 08 the spring from mate? Or are you using an older one?

I live near the factory so every once and awhile I go up and harass the guys. Last time I was there they happen to have one of the really light springs laying around. I don't think they're selling them just yet. But I would imagine they'll have them in a month or so.

...Didn't you say you weight 45kg? Isn't that like 95lbs? I almost weight twice as much you.... get the 07 firm springs and run one. Unless you're a wannabe hucker you should be fine with that. Also don't think running spacers is ghetto, as long as the coil is not bottoming out on itself it will work.

P.S Please don't call up marz and tell them a guy on internet said he had a light spring and I want one too. ...also know I run my suspension softer than most people.

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
no, 07 had 2 coils, 08 is single coil, at a much higher rate, that is why for a very light rider, with spacers an old firm may work

QUOTE=ThePriceSeliger;2919162]Will an 07 spring fit an 08?[/QUOTE]

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
they're only doing one spring for the 66rc3. according to marz, you should be able to adjust preload, oil levels, and comp/damping to achieve the desired result.

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
I got to actually ride my 888 rc3 today, on the trail which was not extremely rough i actually turned the preload down as it was a little harsh in my hands through rock gardens, got better, just have to see how it is on drops and such now seems pretty good thus far