Quantcast

ti spring on different shocks (mantiou vs. dhx)

AlberTop

Monkey
Nov 30, 2004
South
I had problems fitting the 450lbs RCS Ti spring I had on my Manitou 6 Way on my new DHX 5.0 Shock. That spring was too large and was touching the shock's pigback. I solved the problem removing the blue part on the pigback used to set end-stroke.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
zedro said:
well 5th springs dont work on DHXs.....
i have been using a 5th spring on a dhx for about 3 months with no problems.. i measured the internal and extrenal diameter of the spring and its the same as the dhx one.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
AlberTop said:
My 5th Element Ti Spring didn't fit in a Manitou 6 Way shock. Too short.
That's wierd. My 6-way spring didn't fit on a 5th, because it was too short...

SPrider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
ya I have a manitou ti on my dhx and it works fine, the spring left little scrape marks on shock, I'm guess its because its not made for it so no big deal

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
sorry for bringin this thread back but i've reconsidered getting a dhx again. i emailed fox and they said they had no clue whether it would fit or not. big help...

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
AlberTop said:
I had problems fitting the 450lbs RCS Ti spring I had on my Manitou 6 Way on my new DHX 5.0 Shock. That spring was too large and was touching the shock's pigback. I solved the problem removing the blue part on the pigback used to set end-stroke.
For what its worth, my Ti 5e spring touches the resi of my 5e shock. Doesn't seem to make a bit of difference though.