Quantcast

ti spring weight

yearoftiger

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bay Area
ok so im thinkin bout buyin a 400lb ti spring(no, i can't get a heavier one @$100) for my el jefe shock thas goin on an 02 v10, but was wondering if i'm a 180 lb freerider, can i get away with it or will it be way too light for me? any positive suggestions are greatly appreciated

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
You should be ok..

I am 187# and use a 450# TI spring on my 2003 V10. I am going to crank in my Volume & it should give me more progression.I bottom it out on small drops sometimes it feels like-wierd,but that's because my Volume is set almost all the way out......That should make a big difference..

But you should be ok with a 400# i guess.. A 425 would be better..

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
Ti Springs are the ONLY way to go.
Ti Springs are so much more progressive than a Steel spring.
With a Custom Valved shock and a Ti Spring, it feels like the rear tire just floats over EVERYTHING!!

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
bpatterson6 said:
With a Custom Valved shock and a Ti Spring, it feels like the rear tire just floats over EVERYTHING!!
agreed

yearoftiger

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bay Area
bpatterson6 said:
out of curiousity, are the avalanche dhs and stratos el jefe exactly the same in terms of feel/ride??? I hear they are built very similarly, but i have never heard anyone compare the two in terms of riding/feel. I found an avy for cheap so i'm wondering if i should get it or stick wit the jefe(i currently have a progressive 5th so i haven;t mounted the el jefe to my v10 yet)