Quantcast

Ticgheymaster

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ticketmaster is DOWN and my ticket e-mail never was sent. That place is so sucky....

Good thing I paid all that money for the service charge!! What service is what I'm wondering????

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
gotta say i don't know the irish rovers or that song...which is probably a good thing.

elvis's real name is declan mcmanus. he used to own a house in the foothills of the dublin mountains until just recently, musta skipped off w/ his new wife diana kraal. the smiths also share irish heritage but they are from manchester, england. oh, can't forget the pogues either. shane mcgowan is legend.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Oh man...the Unicorn Song isn't as happy and cheery as I first thought...:(

There was green alligators and long-necked geese
Some humpty backed camels and some chimpanzees
Noah cried, "Close the door because the rain is falling
And we just can't wait for no unicorns"

The ark started moving, it drifted with the tide
The unicorns looked up from the rocks and they cried
And the waters came down and sort of floated them away
That's why you never see unicorns to this very day

You'll see green alligators and long-necked geese
Some humpty backed camels and some chimpanzees
Some cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born
You're never gonna see no unicorns

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
gotta say i don't know the irish rovers or that song...which is probably a good thing.

elvis's real name is declan mcmanus. he used to own a house in the foothills of the dublin mountains until just recently, musta skipped off w/ his new wife diana kraal. the smiths also share irish heritage but they are from manchester, england. oh, can't forget the pogues either. shane mcgowan is legend.

Some Irishman YOU are...you DO get stupid drunk all the time and get into lots of brawls...right? :p

Wow...yeah...I would say that Declan McManus is a far more Irish sounding name than Elvis Costello...and yeah...he probably is following Diana where ever she goes...that's kinda an odd couple...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
dh girlie said:
The ark started moving, it drifted with the tide
The unicorns looked up from the rocks and they cried
And the waters came down and sort of floated them away
That's why you never see unicorns to this very day
This part REALLY gets to me...really tugs my heart strings...I can't bear the thought of the unicorns frolicking and having a good time on the rocks and then looking up to see Noah's ark floating away and then crying:(:(...what a bunch of assholes, those Irish Rovers! :angry:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
This part REALLY gets to me...really tugs my heart strings...I can't bear the thought of the unicorns frolicking and having a good time on the rocks and then looking up to see Noah's ark floating away and then crying:(:(...what a bunch of assholes, those Irish Rovers! :angry:
ha ha ha..... thats funny!!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
devendra banhart was pretty kooky. like a crazed preacher from the 60s. it was worth it standing out in the 35F air for an hour before we got into the church.

ben aka 6 organs was great too, but he was a bit uncomfortable in the setting. the guitar sounds and tones he gets though are incredible. if i could play like anyone, it'd be him.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
narlus said:
nah, giant sand is howe gelb, and he's a true man to his vision. if you ever heard of calexico, joey and john were howe's rhythm section for a long time. good stuff.
I saw Calexico a while back (they opened up for Wilco). I was really impressed with their sound and I picked up "Feast of Wire" on the way out of the show.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Drunkest man alive? There is a documentary on Shane called "If I Should Fall From Grace". He's like on a stroll in the garden with his wife (with bottle in hand) or some crap like that.