Quantcast

** Tick bite under left nut day **

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My brain decided 4am was a perfect time to start the day. At least I got the washer fixed yesterday. Fixed the spigot too only to discover that wasn't the only leak.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Oooh, tick to the nut, make sure you keep that clean.
I had a few days in hospital after a tick bite, turns out you can get Cellulitis pretty much instantly, hahaha!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Yeah, I get a pretty much instant inflamed reaction.
My forehead went white where I ripped the tick out of, I felt it inject its stuff as I was pulling it out.
Ended up with a swollen forehead and one eye closed up completely, had four IV rounds of di or fluclox a day for three days. I'd had probably 100 bites previous to that one with no issues, seems to be something with the ticks in my area as the neighbour's kid had the same thing and I got a bit to the lip which started blowing up so I went straight on to anti biotics.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
fucking dog at a house a couple of hundred yards from the camper was barking all evening. Had to turn on the campers vent fan to create white noise and block out the sound so I could sleep. Sipping some seriously strong espresso. Bacon and eggs will be consumed in a bit. I had enough excitement yesterday so I am hoping to be bored out of my mind today. Sometime around 4pm I will head out and drive a few hours through the San Joaquin Delta to reach the location of the show that I will work on Sunday.....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Finished half a beer I left on the counter last night. Wings marinating for the grill later. Need another double espresso. I've never seen my wife so happy to do laundry.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Worked 2-10 pm yesterday as my normal shift. Working 5-10 pm as an extra shift tonight, then everyone off to the mountain house until Thursday!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ouch. About passed out getting out of bed. Currently sitting on the couch making a point of not moving, but deep breathing periodically so as to keep from getting pneumonia later. Whole situation blows goat balls.

Wifey is getting the fuel pump of the Pilot replaced under warranty this am. 3hrs with the girls solo today and I'm anchored to the couch. Yay fun!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Nothing like a chest wall injury to make you realize how awkward it is to actually roll out of bed and get up. @Full Trucker can also relate.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Got up at the ungodly hour of 4 am to walk around the woods carrying shotguns with my old man. Neither saw nor heard any turkeys, but that's besides the point to me.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Up early to watch F1 qualifying in Monaco, woot. While this is a good season, next year is going to be hot.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
led the slow group on the kid's ride this morning. 'twas fine. not sure what's on tap this afternoon. still hoping to to take the kiddo for his first mtns ride tomorrow.

carry on.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Work last night and tonight. Slept 0830-1500.

Chx thighs marinating, coleslaw made, onion and zucchini on skewers.

Waiting.

20210522_162334.jpg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Gate to garden finished
Compost and top soil added
Main irrigation lines and secondary lines run. Will need to add a few more nozzles once the plants are in but in good shape.

Tomorrow will be the bird netting, planting and more irrigation nozzles. Then hitch install.

Shower then grilling wings.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
so much to unpack from today.
but the first news is that we had to put our beloved dog of 15 years down today. We knew something was wrong, and had a vet appointment for Monday, but it wouldn’t have changed anything. Her spleen ruptured, and we caught it before she bled out. My wife is heartbroken.
I have more crazy stories involving murder (twice), Peruvian prisons, and other tales.
what a day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
@rideit sorry about your doggo. We recently and suddenly lost a gato of roughly the same age. Still has the sadz. Was even harder dealing with getting the kids through the loss.