Quantcast

Ticks, no tresspassing, and bruises....a good friday ride.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
So bluebug and I went a-riding this evening. Twice actually.

First off we took a few road bikes for a test, and I'm amazed to say that I was very nearly hooked on the concept of skinny tires and light frames. Doh, another fricken expense.

Anyway, we went for a 5 miler at Vassar Farms this evening. The ride was ok; it was hotter than hell and ridiculously humid, but the big disappointment was the appearance of "No tresspassing" signs. If any of you know Vassar at all, as you go between the retaining ponds behind the barns, and into the woods, then turn left, you'll run right into the BMX area. Somebody went through with some heavy machinery and bulldozed a bunch of the jumps, and removed a bunch of stuff further back into the fields and in the streams and such. They also put up a bunch of no tresspassing signs.

Now, what does anyone think we should do with that? I'm tempted to call the campus and find out why it's restricted, yet ride through it anyway to get to the single track and such.

I really feel bad for the BMXers that spent so much time building the stuff there. We ran into one and he was kind of pissed about it, and I can't blame him.

Argh....nice of everyone to ruin the places we love to ride. What's next, bulldozing Stewart?

And furthermore...the ticks are pretty nasty this year. We pulled two of them off Bluebug. None on me yet, and I'm surprised. I did however realize that trying to hop a log that's nearly 6 inches taller then your bottom bracket does NOT work...