Quantcast

Tidewater Mountain Bike Challenge

Aug 17, 2004
Va Beach
I'll be 36 by the time the race comes around so I'm going to do the 35+ Vet Expert this year. My first atb race ever was there during it's fifth year(man I sound old).

I live in va beach so I've been ridding mostly road this summer, cause trails are so far away. I've ridden new quarter the last couple of times and I'm going to York river this sat. Can't wait for this race!! It's excellent and I love the course.

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
I used to live in SUffolk, VA. any body know if any of the trails out there still exist? I heard they put a by-pass in and it took a lot of trails out. How bout Bike west? is it still running. Just feeling a bit nostalgic, plus might be in the area and go to the Peanut fest in a couple weeks.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
vet expert...you must be pretty fast then. ive been doing the race since 96 or 97 so im sure we've seen each other there and don't even realize it. i did the SS the first year they had it but couldn't last year as mine was broke. ive also raced the clydesdale class a few times. i just don't have the discipline to train for expert so i guess maybe im sandbagging in sport?

you mentioned road riding and you are in va beach does that mean you ride with the evil empire, cough, cough i mean contes? if you do tell mr tripp that capt caveman says hey...he'll know who you mean

yes new quarter rocks.

did you see the thread in the longue about southeast fall :monkey: fest the 3rd weekend in oct?

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
teamkranzelbike said:
I used to live in SUffolk, VA. any body know if any of the trails out there still exist? I heard they put a by-pass in and it took a lot of trails out. How bout Bike west? is it still running. Just feeling a bit nostalgic, plus might be in the area and go to the Peanut fest in a couple weeks.
if you have the time, and would like to hit a trail or two in w'burg, let me know and id be happy to show you round.

Aug 17, 2004
Va Beach
They are having the Va State Single Speed Championships this year also if your up for that. I have no interest in that.

Yes, I ride with most the Conte's guys. I actually work there part time. I've been in the bike industry a long time, but not any longer. I work there to take care of my bike addiction plus stuff for cost. I haven't had to pay cost for stuff in ages and don't want to start now.

I moved to S.C in 95,moved back last Nov; so I haven't been to this race since. Look for a red Ibis Ripley, probably won't be a lot of those, that will be me.

I'll tell Rob you said hey

superdork43@hotmail.com

Aug 17, 2004
Va Beach
I didn't wait until it was online, I sent my stuff to Steve over a week ago. Called me lastnight, matter of fact...

Toofast - You do the Chesapeake Crit race?

Aug 17, 2004
Va Beach
You're not talking Hardwood are you? I don't think my fillings could take place anymore even with my softail. ;)

I just bought a truck and am trying to make that legal so I don't know when the next time I'll be towards the burg.