Quantcast

Tie down straps

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
There's a lot of junk tie downs out there, for sure. I find good tie downs at locally owned hardware stores that supply our local commercial contractors.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I can get nice ones at the tool crib at work. I have used them to drag 30,000lb pieces of equipment across the factory floor when the union boys weren't looking.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You talking ratchet strap? Cam straps? Any particular requirements in terms of length or load rating?

What's the application?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I've had good luck buying stuff through both etrailer and US cargo control. Both seem to offer stuff that is higher quality than what you find at HD/Lowes/Harbor Freight.

Also, high quality retractable ratchet straps are awesome so you don't have the annoying tail to deal with.

Also also, some l-track or e-track hard mounted make for pleasant and secure loading.

I've had good luck buying stuff through both etrailer and US cargo control. Both seem to offer stuff that is higher quality than what you find at HD/Lowes/Harbor Freight.

Also, high quality retractable ratchet straps are awesome so you don't have the annoying tail to deal with.

Also also, some l-track or e-track hard mounted make for pleasant and secure loading.
Yeah, the Sprinter is short on fastening points.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
We just replaced a few of our 2" canoe straps from here:

While not as "fancy" as the NRS straps they replaced, they seem fine.

For a modern take on the old Voile straps, these are made locally (BZN) and while I haven't had any personal experience, they are well loved: