Quantcast

tiger last night...7/7/05

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
The first time we rode tiger had to have been almost 3 years ago...2" airshocks, vbrakes...low end cannondale f400 bikes...the works! The ride didnt really thrill me at all and the climb/crowd sucked. We never returned.

Yesterday we decided to break out the hardtails and give Tiger another shot.

We get there after almost everyone has left figuring we can get up/down before dark. The climb was much easier and shorter than I remember, but my cardio suffered :)

Anywho...we get to the trail head and its starting to get dark quite quickly...we are off!

Now I know it rained a couple nights ago, but there was so much water in there I felt like we were riding in winter. I havent been that wet riding since late spring! Glad to see piles of rock everywhere for trail armouring, but as it stands it is a slopfest in there. The goal of last night was to see how few times we could touch our brakes...makes the ride interesting that way :) Some sections were fun, and others were not; I am just not into XC at all I guess...

Anyways, we got to the 2nd trail and it was pitch black in the woods. We had no lights and rode as fast as we could with how little we could see...that was super fun! We got back to the car around 1015pm or so and the lot was empty :)

Not challenging without serious speed, but def a great after work/night ride that I plan on doing weekly to get my fat arse in shape...too many shuttles/lift runs has made my cardio kaput!

Is Tiger always that wet?

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
Whats up Seand, this is Pip. Andy, Scottie and I rode there during the last Meteor shower and it was a totall blast. The trail was nice and fast with no water on the trail. Next time y'alls decide to ride Tiger give a call and we'll join you guys.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
We were out there yesterday around 5pm. Yes, it's has been wet out there every time I've rode out there this year. Hopefully it drys out soon. Most of the trail up top was a river! I was completly soaked to the bone when we finished!!! Still fun though...trying to dodge as many puddles as possible with our slowing down!!! :D

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
what up pip! yeah man, next time we head out ill drop you a line :)

the puddle dodging IS fun. i had a massive endo trying to bunnyhop a small lake and i landed in a rootbed...hilarious.

i was SOAKED when we came back to the car :)

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
What are your plans for this coming weekend? Might head out to Snow crummy for some downhill if you are interested.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
hmmmm maybe. we were thinking of heading up to whistler...not for the park, but for a high alpine ride...start at about 10,000 feet and ride down to the valley...not sure if that will pan out or not...

whats rocking in snowqualmie these days? i have never been there! drop me an email... seando AT microsoft.com

weeeeeeeeeee!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i've been pretty lucky in that everytime i've ridden at Tiger this year it's been in great shape. Except for the time it was raining, me and a pal rode up Preston RR while it was a river first ride there in the early year, very challenging and cool. i guess maybe that's the key, prove to the mountain you can be like the spawning salmon and it'll be dry for you later. :dancing: