• Ill say yes now and cancel later

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
gtastro said:
The only lot I have ever seen is at the top of the climb of Hyw 18. Is there another parking place?

same lot/area.
there is another lot just above the lot you are thinking of. but if you drive in and continue driving (not pulling to the right or left to park) the road continues up to another lot.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Do yourselves a favor and really try NOT to park in the upper lot. It's prime for thefts and the wave of them is legendary. They don't steal anything but copy down the numbers they need to get info on you. So, you never know it.
But, yes, there are also the smash and grab crowd too.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
evilbob said:
it would of been 4 monkeys.....Trailhacker (on an XC bike :eek: :confused: ), Snacks, Jr Bullit and myself. Now about that EPIC ride you were thinking about... any idea when and where? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Doh i coulda scored an "entourage" of monkeys!!!! 4 would have took me to my limit!!! :p
I'm thinking of doing a Jolly Mountain/West Fork Teanaway ride this Saturday, it's a shuttle XC ride with views galore and very technical singletrack. Some choppy descents and gnarly rocky exposed cliffside terrain. It's on my top ten rides list for sure. It's past Roslyn near Salmon la Sac up the ridge east dropping thru the other side of the ridge, then forest road back over the ridge to awaiting shuttle car/truck.

Borneo said:
Skooks, going to Miller Peak Monday if you want your mini-epic. A lot like the Corral Pass to Ranger Creek loop as far as views and climbs are involved.
http://www.dirtworld.com/trails/trail.asp?id=12731
Sounds like a ride just east of where i'll be riding Saturday, lemme ponder this and i'll get back to you soon, but yes i will be riding monday somewhere.

pnj said:
anyways, good to hear he didn't die or worse.
haha yes i gotta agree that there are worse things than death, a handlebar can tear the third leg as well! yer such the master of blunt yet subtle wisdom in your statements. :D

oly said:
Cool! More monkeys for my initiation party! Whos bringing the chips, dips, and beer?
well if i get a half day tomorrow which might happen i'll bring myself since i would consider myself a dip. :drool:

gtastro said:
The only lot I have ever seen is at the top of the climb of Hyw 18. Is there another parking place?
hmmm a "psycho" comin to the party? man i definately gotta be there now!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
MUTOLI said:
shut up! don't want to hear it! just kidding! :D
Hear what? :confused:

That we'll be on vacation all next week relaxing and riding ;)

Sorry, it's just been a while since we've have a whole week off to just relax!

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Oh ya...and somehow on the climb up, drive there, or ride down on Wednesday I seriously bent my rear disc so I have NOIsy brakes :) no one will lose me on the mountain...hehe

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Yeah, same here. Hey, are you two going to Idaho for the nationals? If so, are you camping. I am trying to find a place to camp there...any suggestions? :help:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Jr_Bullit said:
3 please :) (I'ma sleepy girl today 5:00am too early to start workin)

Yuk :( 5am. I thought about that this morning when I was crawling out of bed at 4:50am and you were all ready on your way to work. That is just wrong :dead:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Im leaving work in a few. Its raining, but like i said....RAIN OR SHINE! Although im prepared for sunny, not cold and rainy. Hope that climb warms me up.

See all who make it there....

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
Im leaving work in a few. Its raining, but like i said....RAIN OR SHINE! Although im prepared for sunny, not cold and rainy. Hope that climb warms me up.

See all who make it there....
Rain? Crap I only brought a short sheeve shirt. Oh well, it's July.

Some jerk just rear ended me on my lunch!! Thank god I was driving Kevin's truck :mad:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Cool ride everyone, nice group, always good to ride with Oly, Snacks, Evilbob, GTastro!
Very nice to get reacquanted with Borneo, and awesome to finally meet and ride with Jr. Bullit.
It was cool to pop the Tiger mt. cherry for D and Brad.

Good times.:)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Very cool guys. Ive now ridden the famous tiger. It was alot of climbing...and hard at times, but i made it through without pushing! Maybe pedaling that 45lb dh sled has reverse benefits.... Preston was a blast! Conditions there are pretty good, and it wasnt crowded at all! $th holliday, everyone was on the freeways getting pissed at the semis and RV's driving too slow.... The upper part was rough, but still flowy if you speed your way through. The lower part was very capital foresty to me. Lots of fun all around.

Shout outs:
EvilBob, great to ride with you outside the race scene, sorry if i was crowdin ya..... For the most part you were way ahead of me untill that one stump..... :) Jr bullit, good to meet you when you wernt still spinning from the spokane fall. Gtasto, great to ride with you again you single speeding monster! Borneo, it was cool to see ya again outside of a tradeshow....good riding with ya too.... Snacks thanks for taking my freeloading crappy truck owning ass up the mountain, and Skooks, great riding with you as always, although no tacos! I think we need to hire the burien taco bus and have it meet us at the end of every ride......

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
I had a blast. Nice pace all the way through, excellent conditions. Nobody ate any dirt or pegged any trees although that stump almost got me while Oly was trying very hard not to use me as a bike rack (thanks) Good time with Monkeys I ride with often and some I have never ridden with. :thumb: Oly it is really cool to get to ride with you, much different than sitting in the shuttle line then sayin see ya at the bottom and never actually getting to share the ride. :thumb: :thumb: