Quantcast

Tiger Mtn. Monday 8/30

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Head up around 4:45 - 5pm ish....

This will be my first 'big' ride after breaking my ankle 4 weeks ago. As of right now I'm riding the road up/trail down, but I'll see how I feel after this weekend.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
:mumble: not fair :mumble: have fun :mumble: see you on the trail when my busted ankle is better too :mumble: I miss riding with you and Kevin and Skookum and Jr_Bullit and........... :evil:

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
ARRGGGGHHHH!!!!

My trail bikey is cracked! LAME! I haven't ridden in a few weeks and I'm starting to lose it. Have a good time guys. Lucky punks with their working bikes.

I know I know... :nopity: :nopity:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Ok. I suppose this is my opportunity to try to pursuade you to head across the valley to Tokul with me Monday instead. Maybe I can get Oly to get out of work early on a Monday instead of a Friday for a change? Same milage, just a little less climbing and more singletrack. After the past few deluge days, it should be in pretty good shape out there. And, ankle friendly.
The offer's there. Shorter drive time too.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Zoso said:
ARRGGGGHHHH!!!!

My trail bikey is cracked! LAME! I haven't ridden in a few weeks and I'm starting to lose it. Have a good time guys. Lucky punks with their working bikes.

I know I know... :nopity: :nopity:
Uh...don't you work at a bike shop?

Evilbob....don't worry you'll be out on the trails soon. Just go slow. I rode at St. Ed's on Monday, I think I was riding a little hard and jammed my ankle into my peddal. I had to sit on the side of the trail for a few to gather my composer

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Borneo said:
Ok. I suppose this is my opportunity to try to pursuade you to head across the valley to Tokul with me Monday instead. Maybe I can get Oly to get out of work early on a Monday instead of a Friday for a change? Same milage, just a little less climbing and more singletrack. After the past few deluge days, it should be in pretty good shape out there. And, ankle friendly.
The offer's there. Shorter drive time too.
What time could you make it out there?

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
Uh...don't you work at a bike shop?

......I think I was riding a little hard and jammed my ankle into my peddal. I had to sit on the side of the trail for a few to gather my composer
This is the part I am not looking forward to and I know it will happen......oh well I guess one has got to build confidence up that it will hold..........and I did find that I can pedal around the nieghborhood on flats with this big giant storm trooper looking boot I have on ;) so I am not completely doomed to the couch :D :evil:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
toughguymagee said:
What exactly happened to you ankle and how did it happen? I know there was a post on it but it was not very clear what happened.
I fell over a ledge on the Lewis River trail on the 15th. At some point my leg hit a tree or the bike did and flipped around and wacked me just above the left ankle and snapped the Fibula. Had to hop, crawl and when I was lucky ride a little more than 4 miles just to get to the road. If you and GB haven't been to Ape Canyon or the Lewis River you should go. Make a camping weekend out of it. Fantastic riding and views, Ape Canyon to Windy Ridge takes you across the Plains of Abraham on Mt. St. Helens. Incredible, pictures just do not even come close to what is up there. I plan on going back again next year for sure. :thumb: :evil:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I could be out there as early as 4. If needed.
Usually park in the lot across from the Fall City Firearms and the plant nursery. "Guns 'n Roses" for the slang prone. Where 203 and 202 come together on the North side of the river.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Borneo said:
I could be out there as early as 4. If needed.
Usually park in the lot across from the Fall City Firearms and the plant nursery. "Guns 'n Roses" for the slang prone. Where 203 and 202 come together on the North side of the river.
I know right were that is.

Humm....I could be out there around 4:45 - 5ish. Lemme check with Kevin's work schedule.

JB! I would love to ride with ya on Monday! Are you down for hitting Tokul?

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Snacks said:
I know right were that is.

Humm....I could be out there around 4:45 - 5ish. Lemme check with Kevin's work schedule.

JB! I would love to ride with ya on Monday! Are you down for hitting Tokul?
You know it darlin! :D After two weeks of nothing but commuting in icky rain on my pretty bike, I can't wait to see a little dirt - no matter where it is!!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Okay....it's a plan. Tiger's out, Tokul in for Monday. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to ride, but I'm in for sure.

Meeting at the gun shop in Fall City 4:45 - 5pm ish.

JB: Do you want to carpool with Kevin at the park n ride in Canyon Park?

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Snacks said:
Okay....it's a plan. Tiger's out, Tokul in for Monday. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to ride, but I'm in for sure.

Meeting at the gun shop in Fall City 4:45 - 5pm ish.

JB: Do you want to carpool with Kevin at the park n ride in Canyon Park?

Hrmmm...gun shop eh? And yeah, carpooling is always good, I'll send an email to you both and we can figure it out off line :D

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I can mix and match the route with options for bailouts if they are needed. So, whatever amount of riding you guys can do will work.
There's a few must do trails but usually you can't hit it all after work anyways.
The lot is actually across the street from GnR and the espresso stand. You can't miss it.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Borneo said:
I can mix and match the route with options for bailouts if they are needed. So, whatever amount of riding you guys can do will work.
There's a few must do trails but usually you can't hit it all after work anyways.
The lot is actually across the street from GnR and the espresso stand. You can't miss it.
I'm feeling pretty good, the ankle doesn't bother me too much when I ride, but my endurence is a little down from what it used to be. I'll just ride as much as I can.

I look forward to riding something different for sure!!