Quantcast

Tiger mtn. this weekend

nohbody

Chimp
Mar 5, 2005
Seattle
(i'll post the date in here since I can edit the post and not the title :thumb: )

Anyone interested in joining my fiance and I for a trip to tiger mountain this weekend. We're usually later risers, so i think we'll try to get there about noon.

That would be 5/14/05, noon, tiger mountain, who's game?

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
nohbody said:
(i'll post the date in here since I can edit the post and not the title :thumb: )

Anyone interested in joining my fiance and I for a trip to tiger mountain this weekend. We're usually later risers, so i think we'll try to get there about noon.

That would be 5/14/05, noon, tiger mountain, who's game?
Sorry....PA race this weekend. Hopefully lots of :monkey: 's are going! It's so much fun!

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
tiger on the weekends is the last place I would want to be. WAY too many people.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Once a year is enough. Especially that time of the day on a weekend.
Definately a weekday eve is better. Or, earlier in the a.m.
If it's the better weather day of the weekend, you may even have a hard time finding a parking place at noon.
It is THE place that all the shops/etc send people though.

kicknitLivE

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Boulder
The preston sucks. Just gotta say it. Not steep, not technical, and the most destroyed trail Ive ever seen.

Its only amusing going up it.. on my singlespeed :blah:

nohbody

Chimp
Mar 5, 2005
Seattle
kicknitLivE said:
The preston sucks. Just gotta say it. Not steep, not technical, and the most destroyed trail Ive ever seen.

Get bent... I've never been there and I just wanted to ride the trail once.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
kicknitLivE said:

You must not be going fast enough! ;) Besides...It's xc not dh.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
what one is preston, the lower one?

I always forget the names.....

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
That's funny!

I think everyone should do that whole ride on an early 90's rigid AL bike.
Makes that root section look way tougher than with squish.

Kidney belt for the bottom optional. It does help keep your guts in though.

rains coming this weekend. looks like tomorrow will be the better day for your ride nohbody. Interested in what you think. Don't forget to do Fat hand/Iverson as well. Arguably the best of the 3 legal trails out there.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Borneo said:
That's funny!

I think everyone should do that whole ride on an early 90's rigid AL bike.
Makes that root section look way tougher than with squish.
Uh, no way! I rode my Spot locked out half way down that trail and my back was killing me :(

nohbody

Chimp
Mar 5, 2005
Seattle
rains coming this weekend. looks like tomorrow will be the better day for your ride nohbody. Interested in what you think. Don't forget to do Fat hand/Iverson as well. Arguably the best of the 3 legal trails out there.
One can only hope. Ignorance is bliss, tomorrow will be my best time ever there. if i go again it may get better or worse :rolleyes:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
My thinking is that you will like it. There's better and there's worse trails around here. That's for sure. It's not my favorite as many here know. But, a good time, none the less.

Snacks, wait until you hit the Ridge Trail Tues. Smoooth goodness. No Mud last Wednesday. Whacked the nettles back fer ya too.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Borneo said:
My thinking is that you will like it. There's better and there's worse trails around here. That's for sure. It's not my favorite as many here know. But, a good time, none the less.

Snacks, wait until you hit the Ridge Trail Tues. Smoooth goodness. No Mud last Wednesday. Whacked the nettles back fer ya too.
Is that this Tuesday? Great! I have been riding tons. I have heard there is some climbing involved out there :angry:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i always give mad props to someone if i see them riding full ridgid's (usually only single speeds nowadays). But inside i still think to myself, "You're dumb." :D :evil:

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
nohbody said:
One can only hope. Ignorance is bliss, tomorrow will be my best time ever there. if i go again it may get better or worse :rolleyes:
so did you go or what?