Quantcast

Tiger Mtn. Trail Conditions.....

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Rode Tiger this morning with Evil Bob(Thanks for fixing my brake!) to check out the trail conditions from our mild winter, also to see how out of shape we were :eviltongu Found the following.....

1) Fire road climb is still the same :blah: I actually felt really good climbing it :)

2) The trail is dry, only found one puddle on the trail about 1' X 1'. It's scary how dry the trail is. The lower half of NW Timber was dusty :dead:

3) My new Fox F80X fork kicks ass :love: Can’t wait for Thursday’s dusk ride!

BBTC: Please post up coming parties in the PNW forum; I forget to check your site. It doesn’t look like there is too much work that is needed on the trail. Just maybe some rock and branch removal.

Now I must nap :)

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I just got back from riding Preton & NW Timber and I was amazed at how dry everything was. I actually finished the thing within 2 hours which is pretty good for me. :D

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Wow...dusty!!! I know there hasn't been rain, but it's just weird I guess it's just to hear of the proof of just how little it's been! Freak and I were thinking of hitting Tiger today but decided to give Skookum Flats a whirl....amazingly dry as well.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Dungeness and Gold Creek were prime.... No dust hardly any mud, perfect trail conditions, and i mean perfect. Only 1 tree in the trail on Dungeness and that should be fixed since i ran into a couple that were volunteering just by themselves to doing trail work. Gold Creek had 5 trees in the trail, but it never seems to matter, Gold Creek is just so good.... Nice to do a solo trail ride, it was so frikkin quiet in some spots you could have heard a salamander fart.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Yeah, dry. Scary dry up there. Methinks that getting runs in there now is a good idea. If it stays like this I could see trail closures from the fire hazard standpoint.
:(
Good times today. Even saw (aka - got passed by) Brett Wolfe on the road up to the top. If he's not inspirational then nobody is.:cool:

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Yeah, dry. Scary dry up there. Methinks that getting runs in there now is a good idea. If it stays like this I could see trail closures from the fire hazard standpoint.
:(
Good times today. Even saw (aka - got passed by) Brett Wolfe on the road up to the top. If he's not inspirational then nobody is.:cool:
He started out the same time I did. We chatted for a few, I kept up for about 5 minutes and never saw him again...

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Tenchiro said:
He started out the same time I did. We chatted for a few, I kept up for about 5 minutes and never saw him again...
Nice. I guess he's training for some 900k endurance race. What a maniac. I was going to get a shot of him rolling up the road, but he flew by way too fast.

Here's the only pic that's worth anything from today. As I figured, I was too into the ride to stop and snap shots. Especially since we had 2 flats and a stripped cassette lockring...and started from the lot just before 3pm. It was kind of dark.
Were you the guy behind my buddy when I snapped this pic?

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
I did pass a couple of guys a few times who were looking like they had some mechanicals. One of them was on a yellow hardtail.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
The more I think about it, you probably got in ahead of us. I forgot to mention that we had to wait at the trailhead while one of the guys in my group went back down to where we took a break...he left his backpack down there. Lucky for him it wasn't much farther down from the split before the top. I bet he won't make that mistake again.

Oh yeah, the mosquitoes were out in full-force later in the afternoon.

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
DBR X6 RIDER said:
The more I think about it, you probably got in ahead of us. I forgot to mention that we had to wait at the trailhead while one of the guys in my group went back down to where we took a break...he left his backpack down there. Lucky for him it wasn't much farther down from the split before the top. I bet he won't make that mistake again.

Oh yeah, the mosquitoes were out in full-force later in the afternoon.

I was up getting my ass handed to me at 38 today and the skeeters were the size of hummingbirds. NO snow anywhere up there, scary dry...we might have wildfire problems on the west side this year. The mountains in the pass are totally dry with the tops browned out already...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
carbuncle said:
I was up getting my ass handed to me at 38 today and the skeeters were the size of hummingbirds. NO snow anywhere up there, scary dry...we might have wildfire problems on the west side this year. The mountains in the pass are totally dry with the tops browned out already...
i think so too... it's going to rain of course, but we're already in conditions similiar to July in MARCH. crazy i'm a union roofer and i'm already tanning....