Quantcast

Tiger tomorrow Roll call/ Bail out post.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
So whos planning on heading out?? Everyone got the fear of rain after watching the 10:00 news>? I still plan to go, unless no one else is.... i dont ride solo.... so someone better keep with the plan.....

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
So whos planning on heading out?? Everyone got the fear of rain after watching the 10:00 news>? I still plan to go, unless no one else is.... i dont ride solo.... so someone better keep with the plan.....
Blah blah blah :blah: You know my story.

Rain update....it's pouring here at work south of downtown.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
So...... still raining...... anyone gonna nut up and face the fact that we live in the PNW and all that good weather was just a short lived episode?? Fenders and rain slickers away!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Cool, thanks for the heads up. Its looking real bad out there still. I can hear the rain on our building......

Ill know later if we will make it out to ride. Maybe it will clear up enough to ride the road without getting too wet, and the rains will keep most the people away.......

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Well, i guess the ride is out. My work friend bailed, and havent heard from anyone else. Maybe next time eh? Sucks because i have a 1/2 day.... Anyone who gets mad later today becuase no one was there shoulda checked the forums........

Better luck next time..... :(

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
oly said:
Well, i guess the ride is out. My work friend bailed, and havent heard from anyone else. Maybe next time eh? Sucks because i have a 1/2 day.... Anyone who gets mad later today becuase no one was there shoulda checked the forums........

Sorry D I really wanted to go but I am trying to keep both my kidneys and one of them has been a serious question since falling after the waterfall drop at _______ back in Feb. The Doctor said come in so I am.

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
oly said:

Sorry D... my bike is in pieces right now... I'm in the process of swapping out the fork.

If you've got the time, I think some of us are going to check out the dead baby downhill messenger race tonight downtown... festivities start at 7:00... never been, but it sounds fun!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Happy said:
If you've got the time, I think some of us are going to check out the dead baby downhill messenger race tonight downtown... festivities start at 7:00... never been, but it sounds fun!
Uh :confused:

oxygen_77

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Kent, WA
Snacks said:
Hey Snacks,

Happy wanted me to post some pictures from the DeadBabyBikes Beacon Hill race...

The train stopped everyone so they had to start over after the train passed

ok, that's probably enough to give you a general idea of the craziness...

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
It started at the top of Beacon Ave and finished on Spokane St./E. Marginal. It was pretty cool freakshow... the post party was fun too. They had a piñata that looked like an H2 Hummer. You had to hit it with a bike lock whilst riding a tiny little kids bike.

My favorite "bikes" there were the little bike with the steering wheel (3rd picture on the other side of the GIANT chopper), and the franken-bike that Eli was on (last pic).

I can't say that I've taken part in anything like it, but I'd definitely do it again! :thumb:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oxygen_77 said:
Hey Snacks,

Happy wanted me to post some pictures from the DeadBabyBikes Beacon Hill race...

The train stopped everyone so they had to start over after the train passed

ok, that's probably enough to give you a general idea of the craziness...
Ha...those shots are about a block from my work!

I don't understand this whole race thing....what are they racing for?

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
Snacks said:
Ha...those shots are about a block from my work!

I don't understand this whole race thing....what are they racing for?
Fame, prestige, a studio FILLED with glamorous prizes.
:devil: Seriously, I have no idea.. why does anyone race?

Most of the folks there were more there for the larger group ride and pseudo-race, but I think there was a small group of riders (messengers) that were a little more serious about the whole deal that took off shortly before the group ride.