Quantcast

Tigon.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
2017 Aurum with a 29 jammed in a 27.5 fox on fast DH tracks and 185lb. 3.5 to 4- long. We are getting warm Downunder atm. On a first run on a really Janky fast 2 min run i noticed the bridge was quite warm by the bottom, the body not yet. I know the comp adjuster does a bit of work but thats where the heats generating. And im running on 2 hsc 6 lsc from open. Rebound 6,7,8 on a 500lb spring depending on track.
But the shock being warm doesn't mean it is performing worse. What matters if the performance really dropped. 2 minute run feels like way too short of a run to make that happen on a modern bike, without stupid 2003 leverage ratios and old shocks with terrible termal dynamics. I get if you said you encountered fade during a 33km megaavalanche run but not here

two-one

Monkey
Dec 15, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
But the shock being warm doesn't mean it is performing worse. What matters if the performance really dropped. 2 minute run feels like way too short of a run to make that happen on a modern bike, without stupid 2003 leverage ratios and old shocks with terrible termal dynamics. I get if you said you encountered fade during a 33km megaavalanche run but not here
just cool your shock with snow during your megavalanche run.

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
What i was implying on the short run was it already generated a little heat, isolated to the adjuster valving in 2 mins. But on a hot day a few 4 min proper runs it was very hot and definitely had me needing to change rebound clicks. And it cools down and i need to change back.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
What i was implying on the short run was it already generated a little heat, isolated to the adjuster valving in 2 mins. But on a hot day a few 4 min proper runs it was very hot and definitely had me needing to change rebound clicks. And it cools down and i need to change back.
It would be good to see someones telemetric data on this since I know the shock overall wasn't amazing with it's rebound damping in my feeling but maybe I was feeling what you are describing here. The issue I have is personal biases may affect how you perceive this. Not saying you are wrong. It's just I know not to even trust myself here since I did fuck my settings up a few times because I felt something dumb in the shock.

Also doesn't Avalanche offer a shock that could replace the Fox? I know they don't have overheating problems