oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
bcd said:
i am headed up there for july.
might be some riders around there.

alex
Whatcha doing in Tillamook? Not alot down there. Cept Cows and Cheese.... I grew up a few miles north in a town called Seaside. My school played Tillamook...the football field was also a pasture.... .

Anyways, I do know there were some guys building on a place called Garabaldi Mtn. Its between Cannon Beach and Manzanita (use mapquest or google maps). THey showed up for an old DH race series that was in the area. Never got their names, But they told me about trails. Who knows if there still out there... that was like 3 years ago. The closest shop i know of in that area would be Mikes Bikes in cannon beach. 503-436-1266 Maybe call down there and see if they have any advice.

How long you in the area? Can you drive a little? There is some great stuff out by Salem. they have worked with the forest service to build a pretty good FR area. (or so ive heard and read). Santiam Bikes is the name from MBA (503-363-6602)

Good luck.
Damon

(ps dont step in any cow poop in Tillamook...)

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i will be up there in july to se my brother.

just wondering if i should bring my bike?

any races aside from ID NCS in july around there?

alex

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Oregon state games is early july, and on the 8-9th is the DH race on hood. Last year they also had a freeride event tied to the games i think out at post canyon by hood river. The weekend after is the idaho nat, then a bc cup in apex, then another race at the end of july (30-31) back at hood. Tillamook to Mt hood isnt that bad of a drive, and could be fun. The racing is friday/saturday for the first hood race, then Sat/Sun for the late july one.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i got my tickets last night. 6th thru the 19.
i am glad there is a race at the hood. my
aunt lives in sandy so i have a close place to
stay.

i am not going to sandpoint. i am so sick of norba's
crap NCS races. if i went i would reg under Napoleon
dynamite and race beg on a rental bike!

got a web site for hood?

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
bcd said:
i got my tickets last night. 6th thru the 19.
i am glad there is a race at the hood. my
aunt lives in sandy so i have a close place to
stay.

i am not going to sandpoint. i am so sick of norba's
crap NCS races. if i went i would reg under Napoleon
dynamite and race beg on a rental bike!

got a web site for hood?
I would definetely check out the Hood race. It's a good course and lift assisted. The riding outside of salem is also very good. It would be about a 2 hour drive from tillamook to salem. The riding area is called fall city or blackrock depending on where your from and who you ride with. It's more freeride oriented, ladders, bridges, jumps but mixed in with really good trails. It's legal and pretty well maintained. I would off to meet you out there for a ride, but I'm still not cleared to ride DH yet after my accident. If you want to get info on the riding area, you can call santiam bicycles in salem (http://www.santiambicycle.com/). Some of the guys that work there helped establish the area. I may be at Hood taking some video for the race, so I'll keep an eye out for you.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
thanks for the help.

i will be at hood and maybe the freeride comp after.

thanks, looking forward to ride some new stuff.