Quantcast

Tim and Joe do Jiminy Peak

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
So CrabJoe and I had the pleasure of riding Jiminy Peak on Saturday. After a long slow drive to the mountain we encountered rain showers which were at times quite heavy. Water was running down the trail like streams and the traction was iffy at best. Most steep sections were mudslides and traction was a joke. After the first run the rain went away and the sun came out. Despite being drenched and super muddy, we had fun anyway. On to the pictures!

Joe posing in the parking lot. He was joking that his mom needed a new picture for her desk at work. Look at how much fun he is having!

Mud caked onto everything. My shorts were so saturated that they were falling down, take a look at what was accumulating on our saddles...

I am going over a slippery log and into the goo!

Joe dropping into the woods.

Steeps -> berm -> power wheelie out, typical Joe style

Me doing my best to keep up

Doing the pterodactyl off of a little booter in the trail

And lastly Joe flying into the S-turn at mach 10.

Concluded the ride with me falling off of a drop (familiar story) and getting bucked onto my shoulder/head. Today, I am sore :(. Hope you all enjoyed our adventure!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
What were the trail conditions like - maintained or not? I live close by, but have been dreading going there and being sorely disappointed with unmaintained/disappearing trails.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
What were the trail conditions like - maintained or not? I live close by, but have been dreading going there and being sorely disappointed with unmaintained/disappearing trails.
If they are maintained they are not doing a very good job. Most of the trails were fairly torn up and looked like run-off was starting to erode them even further. We really only rode 3 trails that day, but it appears as if the ending to one of them had been taken over by their aerial obstacle course.

Not that it is not worth spending a day at, cause it is certainly fun, but if you are expecting more than just a few formerly great trails that have been in disarray for a couple years you will probably leave disappointed.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
If they are maintained they are not doing a very good job. Most of the trails were fairly torn up and looked like run-off was starting to erode them even further. We really only rode 3 trails that day, but it appears as if the ending to one of them had been taken over by their aerial obstacle course.

Not that it is not worth spending a day at, cause it is certainly fun, but if you are expecting more than just a few formerly great trails that have been in disarray for a couple years you will probably leave disappointed.
Good to know - will stick to my 2010 Plattekill regime.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Jiminy has been consistently letting me down for the past 3 seasons unfortunately. I LOVE the trails and the old liftie with the pipe, but they seem to be taking care of the trails less and less each season. Last year, coming around a steep, blind corner at about 20mph only to be faced with a downed oak tree about 3' in diameter laying across the trail was the final straw for me.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Jiminy is officially dead to me. Catamount down in South Berkshire county is stepping things up though. Right now they are only open Saturdays(which is ****ing retarded) but there are new trails popping up fairly regularly. They even have dirt on them!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Im an Jiminy Peak right now! Seriously Im working security here as I type....obviously spending a little more time on ridemonkey then securing anything but o well. So anyone fom around the Berkshire county area? Im looking for people to ride with.
Unsuck the trails and I'll come back out.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Jiminy is officially dead to me. Catamount down in South Berkshire county is stepping things up though. Right now they are only open Saturdays(which is ****ing retarded) but there are new trails popping up fairly regularly. They even have dirt on them!
I have to get to Catamount, only an hour or so from my haus as well...I agree - the Sat only piece has limited me in getting there.