Quantcast

Timberline Resort WV OPEN

jrnolan

Monkey
May 9, 2008
We will be open Memorial Weekend- Saturday, Sunday and Monday from 10 till6. New trails open with more to come. $19 special rate. $16/night lodging and great camping on site. Want to work on a new trail with drops and features? Ride for free! Work your a## off and get free lodging.

Timberline will be open weekends and holidays till November.

Races!
August 20-21, 2011 Two days of DH. New Trails and an old favorite.

October 8-9, 2011 BIG KAHUNA- DH and SuperD

Last edited:

VSBJake

Chimp
Jul 21, 2006
NoVa
I'm coming out tomorrow with two others for a day trip tomorrow! How is everthing looking out there? Has it been wet?

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Looks like I am back in the game!! See you soon JR....looking forward to shredding Timberline and helping to build some more cool stuff!

Was talking to Jake about moving the big road gap we built to another "more friendly" location on the mountain.
Adam

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
not sure if this part of the forum gets much traffic anymore, but...

THANKS for a great day at Timberline on Saturday. it was my first trip to Timberline and they have a great network of all natural terrain with a nice variety of roots, rocks, drops, some jumps and good old WVa mud! we wanted to escape the NoVa/DC HEAT and the temps were PERFECT! lift tickets were only $21, the pub had some good beers on draft with cheap burgers and the locals were AWESOME hosts! the local bunkhouse has lodging for only $16/night and there is FREE camping! :shocked:

with the new extension of 55/48...we made it from the safeway off of nutley street to Davis, WV in 2.5 hours!!! it will be even quicker once the rest of the the highway is finished :weee:

thanks to JR, his son, and locals Brian and Vic for showing us around on the trails! an updated and detailed trail map, trail signage would VASTLY improve the place, but we lucked out with our tour guides! they also need to improve/redesign the website to help out with marketing which right now relies (old skool stylie) on word of mouth. it was cool to ride with you guys and i am definitely going to hit up Timberline again this season and try my best to get more people to venture out to support your resort.

if you haven't been to Timberline, check it out! :thumb: the whole canaan valley area has a TONS of XC, great local bars/restaurants, spectacular hiking in dolly sods, amazing views in black water falls, and relatively cheap cabins for rent.

didn't get any ride pictures from this weekend (too busy riding), but i have some pictures from a trip my wife and i made out there a few months ago to do some hiking around dolly sods and black water falls with the dogs staying in a nice cabin.

hellbender burritos (amazing burritos and good beer on draft):

purple fiddle (live music, good beer on draft, desserts, and homemade falafel!)

black water falls state park:

black water falls:

happy dogs and wife:

Evan55

Chimp
Jan 8, 2010
it sounds like Timberline was the place to be this weekend! :)

I was in the canaan valley/davis area this weekend with my wife (and her fluffy white dog) so I brought my DH rig and came over to timberline on sunday to check out the dh trails.

Some great, fun trails there, I really had a blast. Was great meeting JR, Vic and thanks for showing me around the mountain. I was really surprised how many trails they have built at timberline, and looks like they are blazing full speed ahead carving more trails and building more features.

I took some video that Ill upload here when I get a chance.

ludovic

Chimp
Aug 5, 2008
Evan: good riding with you as well and glad we were able to show you around the mountain a bit. I had so much fun that I could have stayed until 8pm.

Hope to see you again next weekend.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
between the couple of forums i'm on... i can't take any more "social networking" to add a FB account to my name, but whatever Timberline can do to get the word and out and BLOW UP is good news!

not sure i can make it out there again this weekend, if not... i won't be able to make it back until mid-August due to preplanned trips to the beach and HIGHLAND (july 29-31)!

JR, the locals, and all the volunteers are doing a FINE job developing a network of high quality DH trails at timberline that needs to get more attention in the Mid-Atlantic! :thumb:

and JR... you inspire me to know that i have MANY more years of ripping it up. stiff and i had a great time riding with you, your son, brian, and vic. thanks for showing us around and get those trail signs posted and map updated!!! ;)

hey vic: timberlinewvdh.com or wvtimberlinedh.com or dhtimberlinewv.com or any other website rather than the main winter timberline website coming soon? :D

Last edited:

ludovic

Chimp
Aug 5, 2008
If it were only up to me: you'd all have a complete and informative website for Timberline within 8 days! (there I go, dreaming in color again)

Other good news:
There are two new jumps I want to try.
I saw the guy in charge making MEGA SIGNS. They are going up before this weekend.
My new spring arrived for the Fox 40
Needless to say: I am psyched!

Hope to see you guys again - really soon.

VSBJake

Chimp
Jul 21, 2006
NoVa
How about a pic or two of that new drop we built sunday morning for the guys who haven't seen it yet........

Evan55

Chimp
Jan 8, 2010
went back on saturday and rode with Julian. Rode a bunch of trails I hadnt last time, much more challenging, LOTS of fun, fast and flowy, some steep stuff, plenty of rocks. RG and Twisted Sister are a couple of my faves, Gnarnia is the real deal, and I have a big bruise on my thigh to prove it!
Trail signs look great, trails are all clearly labeled now.
Still a couple trails I havent ridden yet too.

Matt and ? hitting the 6 foot ladder drop

brian on the big rock on 'gnarnia'

My under-seat camera mount didnt turn out video as well as I had hoped but Ill post some video later this week anyway.

ludovic

Chimp
Aug 5, 2008
I was wondering what "that MOUNT" was on your seatpost (facing forward).
Sorry we missed you on Sunday; turned out to be downright scary for my limited DH abilities (yes, that was early morning after the storm)...
Turned out to be incredibly fun in the afternoon.

Couple of people came out (after the XC race in Davis) to do some DH. We didn't set any course speed records, but had a blast:

MORE PHOTOS +++

Back to the Base

Green Views

With Wings

MORE PHOTOS +++

Evan55

Chimp
Jan 8, 2010
oh man, now you make me wish I stayed for sunday.
it was thunderstorming like crazy when I woke up, so I didnt even think the lifts would be running at all! oh well.

im pretty sore from eating it on gnarnia anyway :p

ludovic

Chimp
Aug 5, 2008
Forecast (or wish list) for Timberline today:
Drying fast
Exploring the new work on trail
Exploring the new signage near the bottom (for Lift)
DH all day

jasonsta7

Chimp
Jul 13, 2011
GO RIDE HERE! This place is awesome. Great trails with some really cool features and some super steep stuff. JR was awesome to us and even showed us around for a while. Give the other parks a rest and check this place out and do some real technical dh. If you go you have to check out Gnarnia trail it is super sick! These guys have a good thing going and need all the support they can get so help out some great fellow riders and check them out

ludovic

Chimp
Aug 5, 2008
Lift is open on weekends & holidays. There are a few exceptions, like TODAY where the lift is open all day. (I'll probably be one of 3 DH bikers out there with the whole mountain to myself)

Evan55

Chimp
Jan 8, 2010
Lift is open on weekends & holidays. There are a few exceptions, like TODAY where the lift is open all day. (I'll probably be one of 3 DH bikers out there with the whole mountain to myself)
shoot I totally would have taken the day off today to head out there!

oh well, I should be up there tomorrow to do some riding then come back saturday night to make sure Irene doesnt wash my house away... :mad:

jrnolan

Monkey
May 9, 2008
shoot I totally would have taken the day off today to head out there!

oh well, I should be up there tomorrow to do some riding then come back saturday night to make sure Irene doesnt wash my house away... :mad:
We will run the lifts till 8:00 tonight.

I am working on Friday evenings from now on to run till dusk, I'll let you know.