Quantcast

Timberline

cuteman

Chimp
Nov 13, 2007
WV
I was recently up at timberline in Davis, WV. I was pretty eager to hit the trails because I was told on more than one occasion that the slopes are world class. Anyway after sampling a few trails I came to the conclusion that the rumors were well well based but somewhat exaggerated. Alot of the trails are fall lines that are too technical to be much fun. Another thing I found was the flow was really uneven and unexpected which was disappointing. However, for the most part the trails are well built, and the main thing I liked was the variety of terrain, along with the full 1,000 ft decent. This is the first year Timberline is in service for Downhilling so come and check it out.

46chief

Monkey
Jun 12, 2007
That wasn't the best afternoon to ride, thundershowers shut the lift down and we had a pretty good rainshower roll through. Too bad we only got about 3 runs including the shuttle the mtn. mgr. set up for us.

The technical nature of the trails tend to challenge that flow, but once you get to know them a little, you are able to find it, and bomb those steep fall lines with reckless abandon.

There is a couple sections of trail that you have to do a little pedaling. They aren't too hard to get dialed in to maintain your momentum and carry some speed. It's also another skill I'm enjoying working on after running the race at Wisp with an uphill rock garden section.

Get up there early and ride a long day, you'll find the trails require different skills to ride than WISP or 7 Springs' trails.

jrnolan

Monkey
May 9, 2008
That right there makes me really want to check it out.... there's no such thing as too technical :biggrin:
I hope you do and we can point you to Tech trails and lots more. Damaps. com has some of our trails with pics that will give you an idea.

JR

jrnolan

Monkey
May 9, 2008
The time is near for the inaugural Timberline "Double Down " DH Race.

"Double Down" DH Bike Race will be held on Sunday, Sept. 28 2008. This WVMBA sanctioned DH race is a 2 run event that consists of 1 run on 2 different courses with 1000' vertical drop each- with an approximate six minute elapsed time per run. Cumulative time for both runs determines the time calculated for placing in respective class. Cash pay back to all classes! An overall "fastest run" on each course will also be awarded.

Registration is on Saturday 9 -12 and Sunday 8-10:30 am at the Timberline bike shop. There is a Saturday timed practice from 1 to 3, riders must be registered for Sunday's event to participate. A Saturday and Sunday all day lift pass is included with registration on Saturday for Sunday's event. Come for two days and take advantage.

The "Double Down" start time is 12pm Sunday with a mandatory riders meeting at 11:30 at the top of the lift.

Entry fee is $45 and includes event weekend a ll day lift access and a WVMBA one day event license. Please call or email JR Nolan for more information. 800-766-9464 ext.129 or jrnolan@comcast.net

Timberline's "Double Down" is a sure bet, $45 gets you . . .
Cash pay back- all classes
Two all day passes
Timed practice on Saturday
Two runs- two courses (SL gates included)
1000 vert
Fast flowing courses with natural features and hand built
Race Department with twenty plus years experience
MTB race venue since 1994