Quantcast

Time for new glasses - Oakley related

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Went to the eye doc today and checked out a few pairs. Have been having more problems with contacts over the yeras so looking to pick up something that I can wear to ride and work.
Found the Crosslink Switch and thought they'd be a smart way to swap out lenses if I have to go to wearing glasses full time since you can pop out clear to a set of tinted. They've got really good grip earpieces to hold in place.

Anybody have experience with these? I liked the fit of the regular Crosslink, but don't think I like a full frame set of glasses. I like the thinner lower half of the Switch so I don't feel like I'm looking through binoculars.

My eye insurance pays $120 for lens, plus another 20% off retail. Then regular lens is free, but the upgrade from polycarbonate to the better coating is another $95.

Found the frames on EBay for a buy it now of $125, which would save a few but who knows with EBay what kind of turd polish I may get.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I haven't tried those, but that is an interesting feature...

Right now I have a pair of Bottle Rocket 4.0's. These things are indestructible. I used them everyday, all day. I also use them to ride with and over two years, with god knows how many strikes to the face with branches they haven't scratched, bent or anything..........yet.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
My brother just bought Oakelys with transition lenses. I don't wear glasses, so that's all I got.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I have standard Oakley prescriptions and another set for riding with replacable lenses. I can swap lenses as needed on the sport glasses and still have full wrap around for riding.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i had lasik done a couple years ago. best money i´ve ever spent.

if you dont want to go that route, i used to rock some rudy projects with prescription clip ons.
good riding glasses dont make for good everyday glasses.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
i had lasik done a couple years ago. best money i´ve ever spent.

if you dont want to go that route, i used to rock some rudy projects with prescription clip ons.
good riding glasses dont make for good everyday glasses.
Money doesn't grow on trees here. If it did, I would buy two elegant timepieces for my wrist, one to wear..and one to poop on and ship to you. ;)

Last edited: