Quantcast

time for petition signing

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
What's the deal Alex?! I really hope your trails are not getting plowed. Signing the petition and keep my fingers crossed.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Wanted to add... Interesting that you put up ages.

One thing I notice at good spots with various difficulties of lines is you can have a lot of spread between rider's ages.

At our spot there have been days with my son who is 7 and guys in the mid-30's to early 40's.

And everyone is riding at or near there level. There are not that many other activities you can say that about.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
well someone else submitted a proposal to the city.
i feel i need to make know the amount of people interested
in having areas for dirt jump, be it local or national.

nothing has happened yet i just want to be ready b/c i think it will soon.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Best of luck.

Have you talked to any of the 9th Street Austin guys?

I could be wrong but, I think they came close to getting plowed years ago and got the city to approve that area for the dirt jumps.

It might help to have a another Texas town as a model.

mtb527

Chimp
Feb 11, 2006
i was number 184 c'mon people we need to keep this place open help a fellow biker out

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
looks like might come to a head the 9th.
i have a lot of people backing it, local cycling club,
some influential people of the city and all the cyclist
even the ones that don't jump!

I spoke today with Larry Offerdahl (Amarillo Parks and Recreation Directory) regarding the proposal Chris Podzemny submitted. The proposal was well received and appreciated by Larry.
The activities and useage described by Chris of the 15 acre park area are in line with the vision Larry has for the park. A big thanks to Chris for submitting the proposal.
I plan to mention the proposal to the other Parks and Recreation Commissioners during the Parks monthly meeting on January 9.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
so far so good.
i think there is another meeting with the city end of the month.

fingers crossed.