Quantcast

Time magazine story on the sickness of our planet....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I wish we would do something about this, as long as it doesn't affect the flow of inexpensive products that I really don't need or inconvenience me in any way.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I beat up Linus for his security blanket. I have no worries.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
What sucks is that people wont really care until it starts to directly affect them. Then it will probably be too late. I hate polar bears anyway tho.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
People are so arrogant to believe they will destroy the planet. Mother nature couldn't do it by tearing apart continents, throwing huge meteors at it, covering it in ice, blanketing it in dust and blocking out the sun....we sure as hell can't do it. Life will survive somewhere. Life as we know it may disappear, but mother nature is far superior to our small selves.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
If you are just posting in this thread about global warming, read the article and you will learn even more. That thing about the looped cycle or whetever (at the poles) is scary. It might make winters colder... but I thought that global warming meant that it is getting warmer all the time, not just summer? Tell me if I am wrong.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
the looped cycle you are talking about, it that the one where the magnetic poles of the earth change? its weird but nothing much to it. changes every 100milion years or some number that doesn't mean anything to us. well, at least in our lifetimes.
oh yea, there is also this other teory that just says the global warming is just some loop, and happens every so often (sorta like a ice age) and we have nothing to worry about but would you trust that?
i am pretty sure its colder winters and hotter summers, its screwing up the weather and making it go to the extremes. more cyclones and they are going to get worse too.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
partsbara said:
wow... what planet do you live on ???
The same one you do.

It's ridiculous to think that we can destroy mother nature. Even if we carpeted the planet with nuclear weapons, and a global nuclear winter ensued, there would still be SOMETHING that survived somewhere, and life would go on (though not as we'd ever know it).

I personally do not believe humans are powerful enough to destroy the power nature has over her creatures.

splat

Nam I am
robdamanii said:
The same one you do.

It's ridiculous to think that we can destroy mother nature. Even if we carpeted the planet with nuclear weapons, and a global nuclear winter ensued, there would still be SOMETHING that survived somewhere, and life would go on (though not as we'd ever know it).

I personally do not believe humans are powerful enough to destroy the power nature has over her creatures.
I actually agree with Rob on this. the Human race may not survive, but some spieces will.

and I think it is a little more than 3 generations. more like 8 to 10 , I say it really started ramping up around teh early 1800's

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
robdamanii said:
The same one you do.

No sh1t Einstein. It's not about the rock, it's about OUR survival. :rolleyes: