Quantcast

Time Pedals Sqeeking

RadRacer84

Chimp
Jul 7, 2001
I have some Time pedals that every time that I complete a revolution they will sqeek. Can I put chain lube on it or what can I do to make it stop cause it is driving me crazy?

muddywolf

Chimp
Jul 1, 2001
somewhere in the desert
we use tri-flow on pedals.
if it squeeks once every rev. it kinda makes me think its the bearings. what happens if you spin em by hand?
is it possible to repack the spindels on times?

RadRacer84

Chimp
Jul 7, 2001
well it is a funy thing that you mentioned tri-flow cause i tried that on both pedals and it worked on one pedal but now the pedal that wasn't sqeeking is doing it. If it helps the noise sounds like a plastic sqeek you know that sound when strong platic is moved a little. I don't know how else to explain it.
help is always appritiated
thanks

Merwin5_10

Don't Mess With Texas!
Jul 6, 2001
Austin, Texas
check your cleats. They may have come loose and be causing the squeek you are hearing. Time pedals aren't prone to squeeking like many other pedals are. If the triflow doesn't work try a good, thorough cleaning and relube.

RadRacer84

Chimp
Jul 7, 2001
ok one last question and I will stop bothering you guys but what lube would you sugest that I should use when I rebuild?
thanks

RadRacer84

Chimp
Jul 7, 2001
i think I found the problem. The little scews that hold the springs in have come out a little bit and I think that is what is causing the noise but I will try the rebuild if it isn't just the screws.
later

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
Quick question - is it really dry where you ride? I've noticed some squeaking w/ my Times on a few recent rides. Never had the problem in 9 months riding, they don't need a rebuild. There are lots of stream crossings here, but it's been extra dry so the streams aren't as high as usual. The pedals squeak before I go through enough streams to get the pedals wet. Seems the cleat rubs the plastic plate on the pedal and makes noise when you move your foot (metal rubbing plastic). Before rebuilding, try rubbing some wax (a candle should work) on the pedal's plastic plate.

RadRacer84

Chimp
Jul 7, 2001
well I live in Indianapolis and we are having a dry spell. So yes it is dry by me. thank you for the idea with the wax, I will be sure to try that.