Quantcast

>>> Time to buy fireworks Wednesday GTM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Frost is gone and normal cloudy weather is back. Spending time with the oldest son today who is really hurting from the covid lock down this year. He is already the shy type and haven been confined to so much time home in his room has not been great. Also turned 14 and has to deal with hormones and all the other things that comes with moving from childhood to adulthood.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Super foggy here. Therefore I decided to work another day from home. Missing the big screen though.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Ovet the full body aches and feeling much better today. My jaw ached, my eyeballs ached, hell, even my balls ached. No good.

Small dog goes in for surgery today to remove all her front teeth. Unfortunate, but they are all rotting and causing her quite a bit of discomfort, so its for the best.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys

Up before the coffee, that's so wrong. My cat is making me crazy because she wants out the front door. The snow has covered her bridge, so she wants to use the door. It would be less of an issue if the dogs weren't there. Monday doesn't care for the dogs.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
life is great. Feeling stronger on the bike after a summer spent building the house.
On yesterday's ride I was able to easily hang with zwift junkies.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
New Dog decided 5:30 AM was the right time to play with the squeaky bone in our bedroom. :dead: Fortunately she fell back asleep after 10 minutes. I didn't want to take the toy away because then she'd just search the room for something else to chew, probably a shoe or slipper.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
so the exterminator who came my dads other business and has been a no show for the last 2 months has evidently been coming to us off the books for the last 20 years as they have no record of us being a customer....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't watch much TV, but having a week off with all this crap on the ground, I decided to watch a show my boy told me about. "What we do in the shadows" :rofl:

Oh man, it's damn funny. Collin Robinson is the best vampire ever.

Colin_character_poster.jpg

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
There are lots of weather forecasters out there NOAA, Weather Underground, OpenSnow, HighpointWx, CAIC, to name a few. But I’ve found the best and most reliable predictor of an impending powder day 1-3 days out in Colorado to be how much @eric strt6 complains about pouring rain.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
There are lots of weather forecasters out there NOAA, Weather Underground, OpenSnow, HighpointWx, CAIC, to name a few. But I’ve found the best and most reliable predictor of an impending powder day 1-3 days out in Colorado to be how much @eric strt6 complains about pouring rain.
On a serious note, When I was doing my undergrad work in meteorology it was a budding concept to use raw data from back yard weather stations to perfect local forecasts instead of the norm of using airport data. Weather underground has perfected this concept with by far the most accurate local forecasting you can get. The key is to find a station that is the closest or in your same topographic position. Everyone else uses data from your local major airport.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
On a serious note, When I was doing my undergrad work in meteorology it was a budding concept to use raw data from back yard weather stations to perfect local forecasts instead of the norm of using airport data. Weather underground has perfected this concept with by far the most accurate local forecasting you can get. The key is to find a station that is the closest or in your same topographic position. Everyone else uses data from your local major airport.
So buy a mini weather station for the backyard?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
We did it!!!! Denmark is #1 in the World!!!! .....for Covid cases incidence/100,000/week.
I want to thank all that made this possible. Party people, Christmas party hosts and guests, everyone with kids, politicians that believe that people are reasonable and do not think it is necessary to increase the amount of restrictions just because of omicron, thank you all so much!
Personally I cannot wait until other nations follow Sweden's example and severely restrict our possibilities to travel there. Great job y'all! :rolleyes: :disgust1:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Day 2 of staycation. Pool, outside adventures, then steakhouse. It was so cold and windy (on the plains) yesterday that I had to drive back home to get our snow gear, because most of it is gore-tex.

Alright. You need to do a write-up of your education/full experience background. You got too much shit going on.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Here. Day 2 of staycation. Pool, outside adventures, then steakhouse. It was so cold and windy (on the plains) yesterday that I had to drive back home to get our snow gear, because most of it is gore-tex.

Alright. You need to do a write-up of your education/full experience background. You got too much shit going on.
he is a cat on his 8th life...

gonefirefightin

free wieners

Good thing I already have it written down, had to complete a full history for my security clearances

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Going to get brain swabbed in half an hour since I got a now week old COVID exposure notification from my phone.

Then picking up the DH bike for real, I promise. Got sidetracked at Shake Shack yesterday and didn’t make it. Their truffle burger is really tasty, for the record.

Also...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Hello all

Going to get brain swabbed in half an hour since I got a now week old COVID exposure notification from my phone.

Then picking up the DH bike for real, I promise. Got sidetracked at Shake Shack yesterday and didn’t make it. Their truffle burger is really tasty, for the record.
What DH bike did you get? Haven't followed it, other than putting it in your vehicle.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
funny

weather underground never, ever, ever, like not even once, gets a forecast right for this area

There was a time when I could say they did a pretty good job on the east coast, just not on the west but I think it's just urban areas they do better. More stations to pull from I guess

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
The supreme was on my short list for next dh bike, then the new Canfield Jedi dropped. And I just caught wind of something else on the horizon that I'd probably take over both of those.
GG DH returns .... or Aaron Gwin's next Intense prototype? :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
:wave:

Ovet the full body aches and feeling much better today. My jaw ached, my eyeballs ached, hell, even my balls ached. No good.

Small dog goes in for surgery today to remove all her front teeth. Unfortunate, but they are all rotting and causing her quite a bit of discomfort, so its for the best.
Do doggie-dentists ride Yetis? Asking for a friend...

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle

gonefirefightin

free wieners
With his motives aside he was a brilliant meteorologist back then but it has since been bought by the weather channel and is run by Alan Steremburg after jeff masters made it what it is today whom is even more of a brilliant mind. NOAA, and FEMA are now using the programmatic metrics of the crowd sourced stations to produce very detailed forecasts for emergency response as well as fire weather forecasts without the need of RAWS (remote automated weather stations)

They have a very robust enterprise version of its data for use with gov entities.